10 Best Songs Of 2000
It's hard not to get nostalgic when choosing the 10 best songs of 2000 because that year seems like such a long time ago. After all, people still bought CDs then, and the term "boy band" was still cool. Remember?
- "Music" by Madonna. It's hard to find much memorable music from Madonna lately, but this song's title said it all. And it also brought back the fun to her sound. A classic song from 2000.
- "Bye Bye Bye" by 'N Sync. Yes, it's okay to hate this band and all it stood for. But you sing it when it comes on the radio, right? Every time.
- "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney Spears. This is Britney in 2000, before she was crazy and before she was as naughty as this song's title suggested.
- "Breathe" by Faith Hill. She might not be country, by country snob standards, but when this song was released in 2000 it was one powerfully great ballad.
- "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child. Yes, Beyonce was in a little old girl group, once upon a time. A great song from 2000.
- "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. Everybody loves to hate on Creed because Scott is such a jerk. But he can make moving records when he wants to, and he did in 2000.
- "Beautiful Day" by U2. If this song doesn't make you happy, just give up.
- "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem. Eminem is the first—and perhaps only—legit white rapper. He proves that here in this 2000 release.
- "Smooth" by Santana, with Rob Thomas. The year 2000 was the year of Santana, and this song was everywhere. It was fun to hear a true guitar hero finally get his due.
- "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. Country artists are the very best at taking stock of life. This song, about making sure time is spent doing the most important things, hits the nail right on the head.
Posted on: Mar. 16, 2010