The 10 best songs about alcohol have varies topics from dealing with alcohol addiction, to party songs. All of these songs have gained commercial success, and some of the best songs about alcohol are also fan favorites by the artist. If you are looking for a fun upbeat song about alcohol or a serious song about alcohol, the best will be on this list.
- "Alcohol My Only Friend" by Start Trouble. A fun and playful hip hop song about alcohol that has lyrics you can enjoy singing along too with friends. If going out drinking with friends, this is one of the best songs about alcohol to listen too during the car ride. The songs lyrics include, "Licking my lips 'cause I got the craving, Saturday night and I've been saving my appetite for alcohol."
- "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx. The song was written by Walka who got inspired when his grandmother was complaining about his uncle, who blames alcohol when things go wrong. It's a great party song about alcohol, because it is played in clubs worldwide and became a huge hit for Foxx.
- "Brass Monkey" by Beastie Boys. One of the best fun alcohol songs is "Brass Monkey," which was released in 1986. The song is about the alcoholic beverage Brass Monkey, which is rum, vodka, and orange juice mixed over ice.
- "Let Her Cry" by Hootie & the Blowfish. This song about alcohol was a huge hit for Hootie & the Blowfish in 1994. The sad song is about a man struggling to cope with his alcoholic wife. Darius Rucker wrote the song based on his past, but with the genders reversed.
- “Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffett. One of the best songs about alcohol, because Buffett managed to franchise the song. He owns Margaritaville stores around the US that sell clothing and other items inspired by the song. The calm, easy-going song about alcohol was written about Buffett spent some time drinking Margaritas in a Mexican restaurant with a friend before going back to Key West.
- “Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off” by Joe Nichols. A country song about alcohol, "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" is about a girl that likes to lose clothes when Tequila is in her system. Released in 2005, the lyrics revolve around a girl that only loses clothes when drinking Tequila, while other alcoholic beverages don't effect her.
- "Demon Alcohol" by Ozzy Osbourne. Ozzy wrote this song about alcohol addiction and how hard it is to quit. The alcohol is "talking" to him, trying to make him drink, and even though he wants to quit, he cannot. The song is good for anyone that has, or know someone that has fought alcohol addition.
- "Alcohol Blind" by Drowning Pool. The song's lyrics speak of being in love with alcohol, but also represent any kind of debilitating love that blinds. Released in 2010, guitarist C.J. Pierce said in an interview it is written about alcohol, but can be twisted to a different meaning for the listener.
- “Tequila Sunrise” by The Eagles. The title came about when Glenn Frey was up all night drinking tequila and the sun was rising when he finished the song. The song about alcohol has the line, "take another shot of courage," which alcohol gives if someone is nervous.
- "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer. Released on Weezers album "Weezer (The Blue Album)," this emotional song is about how alcohol has pushed people apart. The lyrics are about lead singer Rivers Cuomo's alcoholic step-dad, and how every time he drank, it pushed Rivers further away from him.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …