Singer/songwriter parents love to craft lyrics about their children, as evidenced by these top 10 best songs about baby girls. The beauty, wonder, and fear that go with raising little girls is exemplified and immortalized in these tributes to bouncing curls, hair bows, lacy socks, and all things girly. Whether written by the singers themselves, or simply chosen for their beauty and eloquence, these songs celebrate all things pink.
- "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney. Topping the Billboard Country chart at #1 in December, 2003, the song follows a young father from learning he’s going to be a dad, all the way to kissing his daughter good-bye as she leaves for college. The song also landed at #29 on Billboard’s Top 100 in 2003, making it a top choice for best songs about baby girls.
- "I Will Take Care of You" by Amy Sky. Another entry for best songs about baby girls, this one never charted at Billboard. However, it’s a favorite among new parents.
- "In My Daughter’s Eyes" by Martina McBride. This touching, tear-jerker song is not just one of the best songs about baby girls, but it’s landed on multiple Billboard charts. In 2004, it was #39 on the Hot 100, #4 for Country Songs, #38 for Radio Songs, and #3 on the Adult Contemporary charts.
- "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw. This entry for best songs about baby girls appeared in the movie and the soundtrack for "Flicka" in 2006. It has become a favorite for fathers to dedicate to their new little girls.
- "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. A staple of father-daughter wedding dances and CDs recorded just for newborn girls, this song is often viewed as the ultimate in best songs about baby girls. In 1997, it hit the #1 spot on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart.
- "A Mother’s Prayer" by Celine Dion. Yet another favorite of the best songs about baby girls is virtually anything from Celine Dion’s Miracle CD. However, this song holds a special place for new moms.
- "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. While it may seem this best songs about baby girls list leans heavily to the Country music side of the spectrum, there’s simply no denying this song’s spot on the list. In 2006, it was #24 on Billboard’s Digital Songs chart, but #1 on the Country Songs chart and #28 on the Hot 100 for November 25, 2006.
- "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. Just watch the official video and you’ll understand why this song made the list of best songs about baby girls. Billboard agreed, placing it #14 in the Hot 100, #1 in Country, #14 in Radio Songs, #13 in Adult Pop, #24 in Pop, and #1 in Adult Contemporary between February and July, 2001.
- "Isn’t She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. Who would argue this song’s place in a list touting the best songs about baby girls? It is the epitome of tributes to the beauty of newborn girls.
- "Baby Girl" by Sugarland. While not a song about literal baby girls, no list of the best songs about baby girls would be complete without a song entitled “Baby Girl.” And there’s not a parent on the planet who wouldn’t understand the joy of watching their baby girl grow from struggling young adult to successful woman.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …