Drinking songs are one thing, but what about the ten best songs about being drunk? Songs about being drunk have always prevailed. Alcohol has its way of relaxing the mind, and the best songs about being drunk have their purpose in singing the joys of having no inhibitions. Want to know which songs about being drunk made the list? Read on to find out!
- "40 Oz." by D-12. The dirty dozen's glory days might be well behind them, but this song about those "forties" is still alive and well.
- "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks. Garth captured country heart with this classic song about the glories of the honkey-tonk, launching Brooks into his global fame.
- "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett. This 1977 classic gives us that perfect image of a tropical escape from all troubles. After all, there doesn't need to be a woman responsible, right Jimmy?
- "Brass Monkey" by the Beastie Boys. Beat you didn't know that was a drink huh? Well, the Brass Monkey is made with one part dark rum, one part vodka, and another part orange juice. This "Brass Monkey," on the other hand, is made with 100 percent funk.
- "Drunken Lullabies" by Flogging Molly. Irish folk music is one of the best drinking songs for the light-hearted, rebellious drunk. Of all the songs about being drunk, who can forget Irish folk music?
- "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley. The second purely country song to make the best songs about being drunk, "Alcohol" will always be a classic.
- "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Dogg. That's right, Snoop D-O-G-G knows his drinks, and "Gin and Juice" reflects the more outgoing, energetic and fun nature of drinking like your favorite west coast rapper.
- "I Gotta Get Drunk" by Willie Nelson. The elderly Texan also has his own gem on the list of best songs about being drunk.
- "Cold Gin" by KISS. Popular at 1970's KISS concerts, "Cold Gin" was sung by Gene Simmons, and is an excellent addition to the rock-and-roll songs about being drunk.
- "Tequila" by The Champs. This classic rock track only had three words in its lyrics: "tequila," "tequila," and (that's right) "tequila." For that reason alone, this sing is included on the list of top ten songs about being drunk! Tequila!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.