10 Best Songs About Being In Love With Your Best Friend
Do you know these 10 best songs about being in love with your best friend? Songs about friends and lovers are popular in every musical genre. What songs do you associate with being in love with your best friend? Read on to see if any of these songs come to mind.
- “You’re My Best Friend” “You’re My Best Friend” was written by John Deacon, former bass guitarist for Queen. “You’re the best friend that I ever had,” he wrote in a song he composed for his wife, Veronica.
- “Lean On Me” While Bill Withers didn’t write or sing “Lean On Me” expressly for a lover and best friend, it’s the perfect choice for couples. It promises you’ll always be there for each other, sharing the burdens of life.
- “You’ve Got a Friend” The James Taylor classic, “You’ve Got A Friend,” is a great love song for a best friend. “Winter, spring, summer or fall”--through all the seasons of life and love--this song promises a friend.
- “Seasons in the Sun” Rod McKuen wrote the lyrics for “Seasons in the Sun,” made popular by Terry Jacks. The original French lyrics begin with the narrator closing his eyes to his wife’s infidelity, but the American lyrics end with a song to a friend and a new season of love.
“Wind Beneath My Wings” Bette Midler’s “Wind Beneath My Wings” was a popular cover of a gospel song. The crossover hit aptly describes a lover and best friend.
- “I’ll Stand By You” “I’ll Stand By You” is another song about being in love with your friend. This ballad by The Pretenders pledges love, faithfulness and help to a loved one in time of crisis.
- “My Best Friend” “My Best Friend” is a country music song by Tim McGraw. The lyrics describe his emotions toward a female lover who is “more than a lover…you’re my best friend.”
- “Check Yes Or No” “Check Yes Or No” is another country song by George Strait. The narrator sings a question to his wife: “Do you love me? Do you want to be my friend? Check yes or no.”
- “You’re the Inspiration” Many people associate Chicago’s “You’re the Inspiration” with being in love with your best friend. It’s a song for a lifelong love, the best kind of love between friends.
- “Your Song” Elton John’s “Your Song” is probably the best song about friends and lovers. Critics call this one “a near perfect ballad” with a perfect sentiment: “How wonderful life is while you’re in the world.”