Nobody likes traitors and the 10 best songs about betrayal get that message across in no uncertain terms. It is amazing to hear tales of betrayal from different decades by both men and women but it is also inspiring to hear 10 songs by the betrayed who lived to fight another day.
- “You Give Love a Bad Name,” Bon Jovi. The person guilty of betrayal in this song should be thanked for inspiring such a great song. This is among the 10 best Bon Jovi numbers which really says something considering their long lasting careers.
- “Cry Me a River,” Justin Timberlake. Young Justin looked like such a nice fellow so why would somebody betray him? You just never know what is going to happen in this life but we do that it lead to one of the 10 best songs about betrayal.
- “You Outta Know,” Alanis Morrisette. This song is aimed at guys who are guilty of betrayal but try and act the innocent. Alanis let it be known that women aren’t stupid and they are not always that willing to forgive.
- “Take a Bow,” Rhianna. She made headlines for all the wrongs reasons in recent years but Rhianna also made one of the best songs about betrayal. This is a popular one with jilted girls everywhere. Let’s hope her luck changes.
- “The First Cut is the Deepest,” Rod Stewart. This song suggests that betrayal becomes easier to deal with so in a way it offers hope to the betrayed. Hope or not it is one of the 10 best songs on the subject.
- “Smile,” Lily Allen. There are some people that you just do not want to betray and Lily Allen ranks right up there with the best of them. For some reason people continue to upset her when they know she is going to sing about it.
- “Adia” Sarah McLachlan. Sarah is not someone who seems as scary as Lily Allen but she isn’t afraid to let her emotions out in song. This is one of her best songs and is a great song about betrayal. Shame she doesn’t get as much air time as she used to.
- “Kim” Eminem. The fellow from Detroit really took revenge to a new level when his wife Kim betrayed him. This disturbing song is a popular one with angry young men which is why it qualifies for this top 10.
- “Your Betrayal” Bullet For My Valentine. OK this band are not that well know but people thinking of becoming traitors ought to sit up and take notice. This song has a pretty strong anti-betrayal theme and this guys sound pretty upset. Watch out traitors.
- “Found Out About You,” Gin Blossoms. This REM style number sounds quite jolly but it has a sad message about betrayal. Oh well at least they didn’t get as angry as Eminem did but just about angry enough to qualify for the top 10.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.