10 Best Songs About Breakups
Our list of the 10 best songs about breakups can be just what you need to help you cope when your relationship has come to an end. Whether you are angry, hurt, or just determined to move on, there's a song about a breakup to fit your mood.
- "Sleep to Dream" Fiona Apple Tired of dealing with your ex's crap? So's Fiona Apple, and she'll use this song about the breakup to tell you all about what a loser he was.
- "You'll Think of Me" Keith Urban She left you, and she'll come to regret it. You hope.
- "Fighter" Christina Aguilera Kill 'em with kindness. You are probably not thankful for what your ex put you through during your breakup, but doesn't it make you look so much better if you act like you came out on top?
- "Good" Better Than Ezra There are still going to be times that you just feel maudlin, though. Indulging in a song about breakups like "Good" can at least give your misery a little company.
- "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor/Cake Either version will do. Listen to this song, and know that you are going to get through this tough time if it kills you.
- "Cryin'" Aerosmith This is a band that has made a career out of songs about breakups, but this is one of their best and the saddest. Watching Alicia Silverstone kick butt in the video is a nice antidote to the depression of a breakup, though.
- "Ruin" The Pierces Perhaps the most honest breakup song ever written. It can be refreshing to admit that, during the pain of a breakup, you don't want anything to go well for your ex ever again.
- "You Oughtta Know" Alanis Morisette If he felt it every time she dragged her nails down someone else's back, he'd probably still be with her. This song about a breakup channels every bit of impotent rage anyone who's been left has felt.
- "You Were Meant for Me" Jewel Adjusting to the everyday reality of a breakup is tough. This song captures the loneliness of what comes after your ex is gone.
- "Back to Black" Amy Winehouse Say what you will about her personal life, her music is awesome. This song is one from an entire album written after a bad breakup.
Posted on: Dec. 19, 2010