Here are the 10 best songs about change. There’s an old saying that states: nothing endures but change. When it comes to a time in one’s life when change is inevitable, songs about change can be the best remedy for nerves or the blues that change can bring. Give these songs a listen to see if you want to add them to a mix in your mp3 player.
- “A Change Will Do You Good” performed by Sheryl Crow is a fun rock song about the fact that change is, well, just what you need. It has a California cool feel to it, and the melodies and lyrics will leave you singing along, even singing to yourself when the song ends. The music video, which stars the lovable Ellen, is also a treat.
- “Time to Change” performed by the Brady Bunch is irresistible fun. This song has six singers, and all of them portrayed the Bradys on the infamous 1970s family sitcom, “The Brady Bunch.” They even performed the song on the show itself, and it was featured on an album released by the Brady Kids. It’s performed by Barry Williams, Maureen McCormick, Eve Plumb, Christopher Knight, Susan Olsen and Michael Lookinland.
- “The Man in the Mirror” performed by Michael Jackson is one of the most powerful, personal songs about change ever recorded. It ends with a passionate Michael stating, “Make that change.” It’s a song about how, in order to change the world, you must first change yourself.
- “Irresistible” performed by Beyoncee is an empowering song about a woman who has decided to change her life. She sings the song to her cheating boyfriend as she dumps him and lets him know that he’s the loser in the situation.
- “Changes” performed by Olivia Newton-John is a haunting song that tells the tale of a family dealing with divorce. Although it was performed early in her career, when she was in her early twenties, it is a deeply felt song. Her own parents divorced when she was a child. The song is rather timeless when you listen to it today.
- There is also a song called “Changes” performed by David Bowie in the early seventies that’s wonderful. It’s one of his best known songs, and its lyrics are often seen as a statement on his own persona as a performer.
- “Independence Day” performed by Martina McBride is a song about dramatic life changes to escape abuse. It’s a serious song, but its beauty is haunting. The song was controversial when it was first released, but it is also the song that put Martina on the map as a singer.
- “Leaving on a Jet Plane” performed by John Denver is a beautiful song about change, as one is about to leave on a plane. It is sung from the perspective of someone facing change, yet also committing to his love.
- “Movin‘ On” by the Party is a wonderful song by the fun group from the 1990s. It tells the story of someone who is done, grabbing his keys and ready for changing his life.
- “Things Have Changed” performed by Bob Dylan is an upbeat, rocking song about change. Although the lyrics are deep, the mood of the song is light-hearted. It’s one of those songs that will have you dancing before you know it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)