The 10 best songs about cocaine are just a few of the hundreds of songs that have been written about cocaine. Cocaine has had a very large impact on the music of all generations. In the rock and roll world, cocaine is an integral part of the rock-star lifestyle.
- "Gold Dust Woman" "Gold Dust Woman" by Stevie Nicks is one of the best songs to be written about cocaine. In this case, "gold dust" refers to cocaine. The song is a symbolic look at somebody going through a bad relationship and doing a lot of drugs, mainly cocaine, just to get through to the next moment of life.
- "Life in the Fast Lane" "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is also one of the best cocaine songs ever written. The lyrics, which include "Lines on the mirror, lines on her face" describe cocaine on a mirror about to be ingested. This song became symbolic of the jet-set lifestyle of a man and woman who have everything, then lose it all because of their fast lifestyle.
- "Master of Puppets" "Master of Puppets" by Metallica is a song that basically deals with drugs, mostly cocaine. Drugs are the master while the puppet is the user. The master controls your life, a fact evident in the lyrics "Chop your breakfast on a mirror." The master will twist your mind and kill your dreams.
- "Cocaine" "Cocaine," written by JJ. Cale, became one of the best songs about cocaine and was included in Eric Clapton's works. The lyrics of the song include "When your day is done and you got to run, cocaine."
- "My Michelle" "My Michelle" by Guns N' Roses is a song about cocaine that was written by Axl Rose for a girl named Michelle. The lyrics to the song include "So you stay out late at night, and you do your coke for free, driving your friends crazy, with your life's insanity."
- "Cocaine Blues" "Cocaine Blues" as sung by Bob Dylan is a top song about cocaine. Dylan added this song, written by Reverend Gary Davis, to his repertoire. The song takes the listener through the unpleasant parts of cocaine use, which come out in the "blues" part. The lyrics "You take Sally an' I'll take Sue, ain't no difference between the two, cocaine all around my brain," take romance out the door.
- "Moonlight Mile" "Moonlight Mile" by The Rolling Stones is another great song about cocaine. "Moonlight mile" is a reference to an all-night cocaine session which resulted during the making of the "Sticky Fingers" album, which is where this song is from.
- "Truckin'" "Truckin'" by The Grateful Dead is a song about cocaine being used in the average work day of a trucker. This song refers to the empty existence of everyday life and continuing to wait for some kind of revelation, which never comes. The lyrics include "Livin' on reds, vitamin C and cocaine, all a friend can say is ain't it a shame."
- "Lit Up" "Lit Up" by Buckcherry is a top song about cocaine and exemplifies the type of hard rocking lifestyle that goes along with being a roadie. The lyrics to this song include "I'm on a plane with cocaine and yes I'm all lit up again."
- "Bales of Cocaine" "Bales of Cocaine" by The Reverend Horton Heat is another top song about cocaine that uses a parable to tell a story about a farmer in his field with an airplane above that drops something. The farmer opens the package to find a white powder, goes to Dallas and sells it and becomes a millionaire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.