Below is a list of the 10 best songs about crushes. Not an expert in the hopeful romantic category? No luck in the dating world? Well, fear not because musicians are romance professionals and are here on this earth to help all you cope with your obsession over the cute girl that sits next to you in math class.
- "Every Breath You Take" by The Police No matter what she does, he'll be watching her. Every breath she takes? He's watching her. Every stool released from her bowels? He's watching her. This song tells the story of every twelve-year-old boy who likes a girl and doesn't want to leave her side. He's yet to discover what exactly it is about her that makes him feel fuzzy inside, but right around the age of fourteen he'll realize it's merely the thought of taking her virginity. Then, he'll grow out of it. Unless he doesn't. Then he becomes a stalker and starts writing songs about it like Sting over here.
- "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls They've got Bieber hair and keep up with fashions, so it's obviously a great song written by the best band ever, right? Plus their band name is Boys Like Girls and if that doesn't define the term "crush" in the clearest way known to man, what does?
- "All or Nothing" by O-Town This song is about a man who wants it all or nothing at all. He gives her an ultimatum by saying it's now or never. Oh yeah and he's ending the friendship if she says no. Seems like a nice guy. Maybe that's why he's having these nocturnal emissions (or "Liquid Dreams) and singing about it because he can only love someone who abides by his terms: "All or nothing, baby."
- "You Were Meant for Me" by Jewel No joke, this is a beautiful song by a very talented girl. Or woman. However old she is now. And so what if she's got weird teeth? That Paramore chick's got some messed up teeth and no one calls her out on it.
- "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne This had to go on the list because let's face it, every man's dream is to find a M.I.L.F. who would let him "tap that." Plus, Stacy's mom is pretty hot.
- "Flavor of the Weak" by American Hi Fi Debatable being a song about a crush, but we'd put money down that any guy trying to save a girl from her boyfriend that's presumably a Nintendo gaming console is major crushin' on that piece. Plus, that heavy metal parking lot in the music video looks pretty fun. Girls with no pants on top of Trans Ams during unimpressive guitar solos? Sign us up.
- "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick The only reason this song made the list is because Lindsay Lohan covered it and anything she does deserves a high spot in a top ten list. We know what you're thinking and stop it. Leave her alone. She's living the life we all dream of. Minus the whole jail thing.
- "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield There's nothing better than going behind your friend's back and stealing his girlfriend. Way to go, Rick.
- "California Gurls" by Katy Perry This song isn't about crushes or anything like that. What it's really about is whip cream-shooting booby cannons and, honestly, who doesn't have a crush on that? We take back our first statement. This song is about crushes.
- "Crush" by Mandy Moore The song itself is called "Crush." Come on. Enough said, right?
Love is a pitiful and traumatic experience. The love we strive for is merely a fairy tale written by some witty writer for Disney since good ol' Walt is no longer with us. Let these songs be an inspiration for winning over math class girl's heart, even though we all know she's too good for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.