Finding the 10 best songs about dancing would be easy if you were to draw them from dance friendly genres such as R&B, soul, and disco. Rockers, however, aren't known for their dancing skills so when they sing about dancing, everyone should take notice.
- "Dancing With Myself" Billy Idol. When no partner is quite good enough, just dance with yourself.
- "Dancing In The Street" Van Halen. Granted, this ain't Motown. However, David Lee Roth has more soul than most metal heads, which makes his version of the song truly groove.
- "Two Hearts Beat As One" U2. Speaking of soul, Bono also has a lot of soul. His tune about dancing concerns weighty social/political concerns, which makes it especially cool.
- "Come Dancing" The Kinks. Nobody lives in the past better than Ray Davies of The Kinks. This song will even make you nostalgic for an era you never even lived in.
- "Dancing In The Dark" Bruce Springsteen. This song can only be enjoyed if you don't watch the video of The Boss doing his bad, dorky white guy dance.
- "Dancing Days Are Here Again" Led Zeppelin. It's hard not to like a song with the word "dancing" in it, which nobody can dance to.
- "Dancin' Fool" Frank Zappa. Frank Zappa saw the disco for what it largely was: a bunch of idiots using the musical style as an excuse to party.
- "Private Dancer" Tina Turner. This is, by far, the prettiest song about hookers in recent times.
- "Mr. Bojangles" Jerry Jeff Walker. This one brings tears to the eyes; just imagining a dancing drunk well past his prime.
- "Dance Me To The End Of Love" Leonard Cohen. If Leonard Cohen had come along during the disco era, perhaps the music of that time would have been far more sobering.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.