If you are looking for some great tunes to cruise along with in your car, here are the 10 best songs about driving. Joy rides are something that most really enjoy; taking to the open road, listening to music, and letting the wind blow through your hair. Whether you are looking for music for fun rides or for the morning commute, these songs are sure to get you singing along and remembering what's so fun about driving.
- "Ride with Me" performed by Nelly is a smooth, fun and upbeat song about driving. Its catchy lyrics are playful and tongue-in-cheek as the song is also a celebration of the success that Nelly himself has found.
- "Driving Music" is a road song performed by Olivia Newton-John. It's a rather carefree tune about, as you might tell from its title, picking some great driving tunes. The track begins with flipping through radio stations unsuccessfully. Its lyrics include, "Moving to the beat, I cruise the empty streets. Changing the gears, filling up my ears."
"Drivin' My Life Away" performed by Eddie Rabbit is a classic pop song. It's a favorite of truck drivers everywhere. It tells the story of a man who is driving, letting his windshield wipers count the tempo for his constant music. He has stopped at a truck stop and must turn down the advances of a waitress who is just too young. He is looking for the morning, as he faces driving his life away.
- "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman is an addictive tune. It is one of those songs that tells a great story. Tracy Chapman speaks of a life in need of hope. With lyrics like, "You got a fast car. I want a ticket to anywhere," she paints a clear picture of someone desperate to escape and drive away.
- "Life is a Highway" is probably the most fun driving song that you can play. It is most famously and originally performed by Tom Cochrane, but the Rascal Flatts also did a cover version. It's especially relevant for those all-night drives and road trips, when you start to feel that your life really is starting to be a highway. Well, one you want to drive all night long, as the lyrics say.
- Prince's "Little Red Corvette" is one inspiring driving song. Although the song itself is full on innuendo, it remains a strong song about cars and driving. You'll want to turn the volume on high and sing along at the top of your lungs to this song.
- "Car Games" is another driving song performed by Olivia Newton-John. She must enjoy listening to music in the car. This is from her groundbreaking 1980s album, "The Rumour," and it's a song about something that's rarely covered in driving music: the driver's relationship with other drivers on the road. It covers those little flirtations you might encounter and about how your imagination can run wild about the person stopped at the red light right next to you. "Revving up your heart before the lights change," is just an example of the sultry lyrics on the slow, strong song.
- "Drive My Car" by the Beatles is a must for any driving play list. The tune is infectious, and the band is undeniably great. It's a fun sing-along song for solo trips or ones with the entire family.
- "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" by Billy Ocean is one of those silly songs from the 1980's that you can't resist. Its lyrics are simple and fun, and it's easy to sing along with as you drive.
- "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers is a song that's perfect for night driving. The simple beats guide the song through its mellow, funky story. It's another driving song that will have you singing along.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.