10 Best Songs About Families
The 10 best songs about families are great songs about the love and togetherness of families. Some people think the definition of family is a mom, dad and children who reside in the same household. But the fact is that what makes people a family is the love that keeps them together. Many people have a tough time expressing themselves through words, so it is easier to express themselves through music. Here are songs that depict family life through words and music.
- “Keep it Together” by Madonna- This is one of the best songs about families. It is from Madonna’s 1990 album “Like a Prayer.” Lyrics: “Keep it together in the family/ They’re a reminder of your history/ Brothers and sisters they hold the key.” The song is about how important Madonna’s family is in her life.
- “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge- The 1979 song from the album “We are Family” is also from the 2006 film “Mission Impossible.” Lyrics: “We are family/ I got all my sisters with me/ We are family/ Get up everybody and sing.”
- “Blessed” by Martina McBride- As one of the best songs about families, Martina belts out an amazing song about being blessed in several ways. It is from her 2001 “Greatest Hits” album. Lyrics: “When I, When I’m signing for my kids to sleep/ When I feel you holding me/ I know, I have been blessed.”
- “Grandma’s Hands” by Bill Withers- The song is one of the best songs about families. It is from Bill’s 1971 album “Just as I am.” It is about Bill’s grandmother. Lyrics: “Grandma’s hands/ Used to hand me piece of candy/ Grandma’s hands/ Picked me up each time I fell.”
- “A Song for Mama” by Boyz II Men- This is a beautiful song from the 1997 album “Evolution.” The song appears in the movie “Soul Food.” Lyrics: “Mama, mama you’re the queen of my heart/ your love is like tears from the stars/ Mama, I just want you to know/ Lovin’ you is like food to my soul.”
- “My Father’s Eyes” by Eric Clapton- Eric performs the best song about families. It can be found on his 1998 album “Pilgrim.” The song is about both his father whom he never met and passed away in 1985 and his four year old son who died falling from an apartment window. Lyrics: “Bit by bit/ I’ve realized that he was here with me/ And I looked into my father’s eyes.”
- “A Family is What You Make It” by Jim Rule- Jim is a teacher as well as a musician. His album “Share This World” features the song about families. Lyrics: “Because a family is what you make it/ It’s you and your loves ones, whoever they are/ You’ve got to give and take it.” The song is meant to celebrate the meaning of families.
- “Love Remains” by Collin Raye- This is one of the best songs about families. From the 1995 album, “I Think About You,” Collin puts his heart and soul in this song. Lyrics: “We are born one fine day/ Children of God on our way home/ Mama smiles/ Daddy cries.”
- “Somebody’s Hero” by Jamie O’Neal- This song appears on Jamie’s 2005 album “Brave.” Lyrics: “She’s somebody’s hero/ A hero to her baby with a skinned up knee/ A little kiss is all she needs/ The keeper of the Cheerios.”
- “Love Can Build A Bridge” by The Judds- This is without a doubt one of the best songs about families. The song can be heard on the 1990 album “Love Can Build A Bridge.” Lyrics: “Love can build a bridge/ Between your heart and mine/ Love can build a bridge/ Don’t you think its time?”