These 10 best songs about finding love are well-known love ballads from the '70s, '80s, '90s, and beyond. With lyrics that speak of finding love and forever love, it’s not surprising that some of them are favorite wedding songs. Many are also romance movie standards. Here, in title order, are ten of the most popular songs about finding love.
- “Amazed.” “Amazed” is a '90s song by the American country band, Lonestar. A number of other musicians have covered the song. With words like “I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side,” it’s a popular choice for wedding dances.
- “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You.” “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” is a '90s love ballad by Bryan Adams, a Canadian rock singer-songwriter. Finding the love of his life, the singer declares, “There’s no love like your love / And no other could give more love.” The ballad is the theme song for the movie “Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves.”
- “From This Moment On.” “From This Moment On” is a '90s song by Shania Twain, a Canadian country singer and megastar. Another common wedding dance number, it’s the perfect song about finding love: “Right beside you is where I belong, from this moment on.”
- “I Could Not Ask For More.” “I Could Not Ask For More” is a song from the new millennium by Edwin McCain, an American alternative rock singer-songwriter. What song about finding love could have a better message? “I’ve found all I’ve waited for / And I could not ask for more.”
- “I Do (Cherish You).” “I Do (Cherish You)” is another great song about finding love. Mark Wills, an American country singer, released the song in the late 90s. It also became a hit for the American boy band, 98 Degrees. The lyrics “I do, cherish you / For the rest of my life” make this another popular wedding tune.
- “I Finally Found Someone.” “I Finally Found Someone” is a '90s duet by singer-actress Barbra Streisand and Bryan Adams. It is the theme song for Streisand’s movie, “The Mirror Has Two Faces.” The film and song are about two people who “finally found the one that makes me feel complete.”
- “I Swear.” “I Swear” is a '90s love ballad by the American country singer, John Michael Montgomery. A cover by the American R&B group, All-4-One, was also successful. This hit song about finding love features a singer promising his girl he will always love her.
- “More Than Words.” “More Than Words” is a '90s love ballad by Extreme, an American rock band. Once finding love, the singer implores his lover to prove her love with more than words: “Saying I love you, it’s not the words I want to hear from you / It’s not that I want you not to say, but if you only knew….”
- “Someone Like You.” “Someone Like You” is an '80s song by Van Morrison, an Irish singer-songwriter. A wedding and movie classic, this great song about finding love says it best: “I’ve been searching a long time for someone exactly like you.”
- “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.” “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word” is a '70s song by the British singer-songwriter, Elton John. With lyrics like, “What have I got to do to make you love me / What have I got to do to make you care,” it’s a great song about finding love…and keeping it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?