Making a list of the 10 best songs about food isn't easy, especially since song meanings are often subject to interpretation. Whether you take the lyrics at face value or read something deeper into them, you'll enjoy all these great songs about food.
- "Artichoke" (Cibo Matto) Cibo Matto's songs are often about food, and this song is no exception. In this terrific selection, singer/lyricist Miho Hatori likens her heart to an artichoke, asking the important question, "Are you gonna keep on peeling me?"
- "Carrot Juice is Murder" (Arrogant Worms) Think you've heard it all? This song about food wants you to "give peas a chance." With such crazy lyrics, it's an obvious choice for one of the best songs about food.
- "Cheeseburger in Paradise" (Jimmy Buffett) Parrotheads can relax now, because this classic Buffett song about the perfect cheeseburger in the perfect setting made the list of the best songs about food. Have a cheeseburger while you listen, and don't forget the "French fried potatoes, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer."
- "Feed Me" (Levi Stubbs and Rick Moranis). This duet from the "Little Shop of Horrors" soundtrack gives new meaning to the task of feeding your plants. As Audrey II demands to be fed, poor Seymour worries that he'll have to "go and perform mutilations" to appease his carnivorous alien plant.
- "Flying Jelly Attack" (Shonen Knife) Just about any Shonen Knife song could be on this list of the 10 best songs about food. "Flying Jelly Attack" made the grade because it's so much fun to sing about nothing but jelly beans and cherry drops.
- "Meat is Murder" (Smiths) "Meat is Murder" is the saddest entry on this list of the 10 best songs about food. In typical Smiths fashion, this song is maudlin, but Morrissey's vocals aren't the only reason. Listen to the cow's moos; they'll tear at your heartstrings and make you swear off meat.
- "Peaches" (Presidents of the United States of America) If you believe this song, a major benefit of country living is that you get to "eat a lot of peaches." No matter what you think the peaches really are, you'll have to admit this is one of the 10 best songs about food.
- "She Don't Use Jelly" (Flaming Lips) The Flaming Lips scored a hit with this one. The girl in this song doesn't use butter, cheese, or jelly on her toast, opting for Vaseline instead. In a different verse, another oddball colors her hair with tangerines.
- "Spam" (Monty Python) . Who but the Monty Python troupe could write such a catchy song about this controversial foodstuff? Despite its limited lyrics, "Spam" is one of the all-time best songs about food.
- "TV Dinners" (ZZ Top) . This song brings back memories of a time when frozen meals were called "TV dinners" because everyone always ate them in front of the TV. If you've ever lived on microwaveable meals, you'll understand why "TV Dinners" has to be on any list of great songs about food.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.