10 Best Songs About Forgiving
What do you think are the 10 best songs about forgiving? There's so many different levels of forgiveness that we pass through, during our day to day lives. We ask forgiveness of friends, of lovers, of strangers and of God. If you have a desire to ask forgiveness from someone, try listening to some of these songs about forgiving for inspiration.
- "Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park: Often considered one of the best songs about forgiving, "Shadow of the Day" is a melancholy song about the end of our lives and the shadows, or memories, we leave behind. It's a good song for urging the importance of forgiveness, because it could all be over tomorrow.
- "No Rain" by Blind Melon: Another sad song that makes the list of popular songs about forgiving is a depression-inspired tune known as "No Rain." Many people interpret this song as being about accepting and forgiving yourself and the world around you.
- "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica: Originally written about touring and life on the road, Metallica often claims this is a song about their fans. Othertimes, it has been said to be about a girlfriend of James Hetfield. Many fans consider it to be one of the best songs about forgiving and letting go.
- "Back to December" by Taylor Swift: A popular country crossover song about forgiving is Taylor Swift's hit "Back to December." It tells the tale of a girl who messed up a relationship with her boyfriend and wishes she could go back, praying that he'll find it in his heart to forgive her.
- "I Hung My Head" by Sting: Another of the best songs about forgiving is "I Hung My Head" by the amazing storyteller Sting. In this song, Sting tells the story of a man who gets borrows his brother's rifle to practice his aim, but the gun accidentally goes off with disastrous results. The man asks forgiveness of the jury that tries him for murder.
- "Gather at the River" by Point of Grace: If you're looking for a song about forgiving and you would like a more traditional Christian approach to forgiveness, you may want to try this one. Powerful and moving, this is about asking to have your sins washed away as you ask to be forgiven.
- "Go Back to the Start" by Lily Allen: In this popular song about forgiving, Lily Allen asks her older sister Sarah to forgive her for being in the spotlight and the rivalry between the two siblings. It's important to see that the need for forgiveness spans so many different levels of our lives.
- "Forgiven Me" by Mary Mary: Some of the best songs about forgiving have to do with relationships or our relationship with God. This song reminds us that it's also important to forgive ourselves sometimes.
- "Forgiveness" by Sarah McLachlan: One of the best songs about forgiving was written during a period of time where the artist married and then separated from her husband. It's about when someone asks for forgiveness, but the other person isn't ready to take that step yet.
- "Bigmouth Strikes Again" by The Smiths: Often considered to be one of the best songs about forgiving and asking forgiveness for things you've said, this song was actually written as an attack on critics who spoke negatively of lead singer, Morrissey and his band, The Smiths.