When circumstances change and friends have to leave, you might want to listen to some of these 10 best songs about friends leaving. Even when friends leave, you don’t want them to forget you. These songs about friends leaving basically talk about always staying friends and being there for each other forever.
- “Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul and Mary. This song about friends leaving is about a guy who wakes up his girl to tell her he is leaving and doesn’t know when he will be back. He asks her to wait for him and promises things will be better when he gets back home.
- “Ben" by Michael Jackson. This is a song about a rat and a boy who have found a friendship with each other. No matter what happens, they will never be alone and will always be there for each other.
- “You’ve Got a Friend" by James Taylor. This song is about friendship and how no matter where you are, if you need help, your friend will always be there. How good it is to know you’ve got a friend.
- “Louie, Louie" by The Kingsmen. This guy is returning home to see his love after being gone. He can hardly wait to see her and pledges that he will never leave her again.
- “Ebony and Ivory" by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder. This song is about friends leaving to travel far and wide who learn that people basically are the same all over the world. The lesson from the song is if people would work together side by side everything would be all right.
- “Graduation Day" by The Four Freshmen. This song is about the memories graduates share. Even though friends leave and their paths may take different turns, they will always know they are not alone. They will always treasure this graduation day.
- “Lean on Me" by Bill Withers. This song discusses how at one time or another, we all may need a friend to help us through bad times. All you need to do is call your friend and know that you can lean on them. No matter where they are, they will be there to help you.
- “Danny Boy" by Harry Connick Jr. This is a beautiful song about Danny having to leave his friend behind. His friend tells him if he is not still alive when he returns, to be sure to say a prayer at his grave. He will hear him above his grave pledging his love, and it will allow him to sleep peacefully until his friend joins him some day.
- “For the Good Times" by Kris Kristofferson. Realizing his girlfriend is leaving tomorrow, the guy and his girlfriend spend one last night together remembering all the good times they shared. He asks her to make believe she loves him just one more time in memory of all the good times they had together.
- “Graduation Song" by Vitamin C. Two friends are talking at graduation about all the times they shared and how friends are leaving and going their separate ways. They tell each other no matter what goes on in their lives, they will still be friends forever.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…