10 Best Songs About Friendships
Friendship is that rare, powerful connection between people that aren't related, and these are the 10 best songs about friendships that celebrate those cherished bonds. Whether it is that non-judgmental lady that you rely on when you need someone to listen, or that buddy that is willing to help you move without charging you like your other associates. What makes these the 10 best songs about friendships is that these artists not only show their appreciation for these particular friendships, but they are songs that speak directly to what a real friendship should be.
- Bill WIthers - "Lean On Me". This is by far the complete, word for word, absolute meaning of friendship. If you are unsure if someone is your friend or not, or more importantly, if you are acting like a true friend to others, play this Bill Withers classic immediately, and commit his words to memory.
- Bette Midler "Wind Beneath My WIngs." Bette Midler's Grammy Award-winning recording of this strong song speaks directly to those friendships that give us the strength to continue to be the best we can be. It reminds us that it is important to remind our true friends how much they mean to us.
- The Beatles - "With A Little Help From Friends". The Beatles bring forth a humorous tune about how they get through uncomfortable moments. This song later became the theme song for a television show called "The Wonder Years".
- Ben E. King - "Stand By Me". The bassline mixes so well with King's voice, like two close friends running through a scary forest. This song is also the centerpiece of a coming of age movie of the same name, starring the late River Phoenix.
- Dionne Warwick & Friends- "That's What Friends Are For". Dione Warwick brings out her all-star circle of friends for this one: Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, and and Elton John. There has probably never been a better musical definition for what friends are for.
- John Taylor & Carole King - "You've Got A Friend". "Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall...all you got to do is call." Now that's what I call true friendship...hey Carole and John, you can be my friend any day.
- Simon & Garfunkle - "Bridge Over Troubled Water". This piano-based tune showcases what friendship truly means. Self-sacrifice doesn't become more clear than being willing to lay yourself down to be a friend's bridge to get passed misfortune.
- Louis Armstrong - "What A Wonderful World". This relaxing reflection about the best things the world has to offer, could be viewed as Louis Armstrong's incredible friendship with God. It sounds as if he is thanking the Higher Power for all the love and beauty that he sees around him.
- Madonna - "I'll Remember". This is Madonna's tribute to all the important life lessons that she gained from a strong friendship. Remembering the love that she was shown, and how she has changed for the better is clear in this soothing song.
- Queen - "You're My Best Friend". This happy, joyful tune captures the true appreciation for an important friendship. Whoever that girl was, she really left a positive lasting impression on Queen.