10 Best Songs About Getting Back Together
Are you searching for ten best songs about getting back together with your girlfriend? Was your breakup a mistake, and now you have reconciliation on your mind? Maybe you’re looking for just the right song to tell her how you feel. Break-ups and make-ups are popular themes, so you can find a lot of get back together songs if you look for them. But sometimes it's hard to find the right song, with just the right words.
As one old song says, "breaking up is hard to do." But a little separation can help you put things into perspective. If you’re ready for another chance at romance, these songs may be just the ticket to bring the two of you together again.
- "I Want You Back." "Oh baby, give me one more chance / Won’t you please let me back in your heart?" How more straightforward can you get? The Jackson 5 released "I Want You Back" in 1969. It tells of a lover who regrets leaving his partner. Sound familiar?
- "The Way We Were." "If we had a chance to do it all again / Tell me, would we? Could we?" "The Way We Were" is the title song to the 1973 movie of the same name. Would you do everything over again? Could you? Consider these questions before approaching your ex.
- "Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me." "Losing everything is like the sun going down on me." Elton John recorded "Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me" for his 1974 "Caribou" album, and his 1985 duet with George Michael was a huge success. John sings someone he helped, who now rejects him. Has the sun gone done on your relationship? More importantly, will it rise again?
- "Love Will Keep Us Together." "Look in my heart / And let love keep us together." Neil Sedaka wrote and recorded the first version of "Love Will Keep Us Together," but The Captain and Tennille had more success with their 1975 version. If getting back together is really meant to be, your love will bring you—and keep—you together.
- "You’re The One That I Want." "You’re the one that I want / oh oh oh honey." John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John performed "You’re The One That I Want" for the 1978 film, "Grease." The title says it all—a confident declaration of your love, after the dust of separation settles and things become clear.
- "I Was Made For Loving You." "And tonight we’re gonna make it all come true / Cuz girl, you were made for me / And girl, I was made for you." Kiss recorded "I Was Made For Loving You" for their 1979 album, "Dynasty." Okay, it's disco--but what a makeup song.
- "Against All Odds." "How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace?" Phil Collins recorded "Against All Odds" for the 1984 film of the same name. He originally penned the song for his first wife, who left him. Play this song to remind both of you that you can make it, even against the odds.
- "Never Gonna Give You Up." "Never gonna give you up / Never gonna let you down / Never gonna run around and desert you." Rick Astley released "Never Gonna Give You Up" as a single from his 1987 debut album, "Whenever You Need Somebody." This song will tell her that you won’t give up on her or the relationship.
- "After All." "We’ve tried it on our own / But deep inside we’ve known / We’d be back to set things straight." "After All" is a love ballad performed by Peter Cetera and Cher. They recorded the song for the 1989 film, "Chances Are." It’s a great song about getting back together after separation, about destiny.
- "Never Gonna Let You Go." "I was as wrong as I could be / To let you get away from me." Our last of the best get back together song is a popular 1983 song from Sergio Mendes. He tells his love he's "gonna try and make up for all the times I hurt you so." If you’re ready to reconcile, that’s a good place to start.