Whether about love or some kind of communal experience, the 10 best songs about getting together are guaranteed to make you feel like you're part of something. Put on these songs of unity and love and forget about how alone you really are.
- “We Go Together.” Everything turns out alright at the end of the film “Grease:” Rizzo’s not pregnant, Sandy and Danny are back together and school’s out for summer. This 50's-tinged nonsense-word sing-along comes on is one of the best songs about getting together.
- “Take A Chance On Me.” The girls of Swedish pop group ABBA beg you to take a chance on them and you really should. They're cute and sing amazingly. This song about getting together is super catchy, complete with great harmonic vocals and synthesizer.
- “Get Together.” Madonna sings “Can we get together? I really, I really wanna be with you,” in her millionth comeback single “Get Together.” This lite pop-dance tune is one of the best songs about getting together from one of the best-selling artists of all time.
- “Together Forever.” Rick-roll yourself and play “Together Forever.” This 80's pop guilty pleasure, which arguably sounds a lot like Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up,” finds the blue-eyed soulster singing lines like “Don’t you know that I would move heaven and earth to be together forever with you.”
- “Together Again.” Janet Jackson’s confessional album “The Velvet Rope” contained this pop gem, in which the other great Jackson finds herself wishing to be together again with a love
- “Come Together.” Originally written for a political campaign, “Come Together’s message became a bit unclear in its final version, thanks to lyrics like “He got joo-joo eyeball, he one roly roller." It’s a great Beatle song nonetheless and one of the best songs about getting together of all time.
- “We’ll Be Together.” Sting might not have wanted to always be with The Police, but in “We’ll Be Together,” he always wants to be together with his love. “I’ll always be a slave to your charms,” sings the king of tantric sex.
- “We Could Be So Good Together.” Jim Morrison thinks it’d be a good idea to get together in “We Could Be So Good Together.” Apparently, a relationship with the Lizard King involves beheading angels and telling wicked lies. Sounds like quite a future.
- “Happy Together.” The Turtles’ “Happy Together,” is a great song about getting together, since much of its dark sound and melody betrays its happy lyrics. The big chorus however, bring some brightness into the classic 60's hit.
- “Join Together.” The Who want to separate the distance between the audience and the performer in “Join Together." Roger Daltrey sings “I want you to join together with the band," just asking for millions of fans to come up on stage and do a Pete Townsend windmill.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.