What are the 10 best songs about growing old? Read on to find out. Growing old can be hard, but luckily, there are plenty of songs out there that can help you in the process. Songs about growing old can cheer up those who feel they are aging quickly, or offer some insight on the idea of old age. Whether you are a fan of country, rock, or cheery music, we’ve got the perfect song about growing old for you here.
- David Bowie- “Changes”. This is a great 1971 song about getting older and the passage of time. It also is a good reminder that everyone gets older, sooner or later.
- John Mellencamp- “Cherry Bomb”. The main focus of this song is about gaining a new perspective on life as we grow older and wiser.
- John Mayer- “Stop This Train”. Everyone has some fear of growing old, even John Mayer. This song takes a look at a few insightful ways to combat the fear of aging.
- Pulp- “Help the Aged”. When we grow older and things begin to change, suddenly the world doesn’t make as much sense as it did. “Help the Aged” lets us know that changes will happen and we just have to sit back and let them.
- Simon and Garfunkel- “A Hazy Shade of Winter”. This song uses seasons as a metaphor for the cycle of life and changes that occur in our lives.
- Dooley Wilson- “As Time Goes By”. The name of this song is quite self-explanatory, as it takes into the world of time and the cycles of life.
- Toby Keith- “As Good as I Once Was”. In this song, Toby Keith takes a look back on his life and how he used to be.
- Sophie Tucker- “Life Begins at Forty”. Nobody ever said growing old has to be a bad thing, and this song explains how life is only just beginning as we age.
- Barbara Mason- “Yes, I’m ready”. Barbara Mason wrote this song at the age of eighteen, explaining her readiness to take on life and getting older.
- The Beatles- “When I’m 64”. Paul McCartney wrote this song for his father’s birthday, and it has been a favorite ever since.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.