10 Best Songs About Happiness
If you're looking to find the 10 best songs about happiness, then perhaps these ten selections may prove to be very pleasing to you. Happiness is one of the many popular topics to cover in music, so it's no wonder that it's been covered so much. With so many songs to choose from, where does one start, you ask? The following 10 songs about happiness are most excellent choices to begin with. Just remember that happiness has many sub-categories such as happiness from love, partying, to even self-renewal.
- "Top of the World" by Shonen Knife. The popular Japanese three-girl band performs a very energetic and uplifting remake of the Carpenters' classic "Top of the World," a song which describes an incredible heavenly feeling of happiness brought upon by a special someone. Shonen Knife's modern version capitalizes on the subject matter by injecting a very hip and fast-paced rock rhythm.
- "Happy People" by R. Kelly. R. Kelly's big comeback to his smash hit "Step in the Name of Love" was a song about none other than happy people. "Happy People" is a very soulful dance-oriented song that is heavily influenced by the same hip attitude found in the remix of "Step in the Name of Love."
- "Emotions" by Mariah Carey. Influenced by disco music, Mariah Carey's chart-topping single "Emotions" depicts a person who undergoes a wide variety of different emotions at various levels; Mariah Carey even declares this with incredibly high notes that she sings throughout the song itself.
- "Juicy" by Notorious B.I.G. When it comes to songs about happiness, one can't skip the blockbuster that was Notorious B.I.G.'s "Juicy." The song which introduced the talented rapper to the world talks about a protagonist who reminisces about his past and how he has grown to accomplish his dreams and living the life he wants.
- "Happy" by Ashanti featuring Ja Rule. The young and beautiful R&B singer's second single "Happy" saw even more success for her upon its initial release. In the song, Ashanti sings about a certain special somebody whom she has met who makes her feel very happy and at ease. What more can you ask for in a song about happiness?
- "Feelin' So Good (Bad Boy Remix)" by Jennifer Lopez featuring Big Pun and Fat Joe. Known as one of Jennifer Lopez's best songs ever, Puffy's Bad Boy Remix of the original "Feelin' So Good" provides the song the extra dance oriented edge that is ideal for parties. The song itself talks about generalized happiness and feeling good.
- "Holiday" by Madonna. What other way to bring in the feeling of joy and happiness that comes with the holidays than with the chart-smashing Madonna single "Holiday"? Madonna's "Holiday" is a dance oriented party jam, filled with spunk, that covers the universal meaning of taking a vacation or holiday.
- "Step in the Name of Love (Remix)" by R. Kelly. Hit-maker R&B performer R. Kelly took his original "Step in the Name of Love" and upgraded it with a more upbeat and dance-heavy party jam, full of soul and inspiration. R. Kelly incorporates an enigma of happiness in this song, which is now often used at weddings and parties.
- "Ray of Light" by Madonna. The hit pop diva's record-breaking "Ray of Light" covers a form of happiness that originates from a sense of self-renewal, a brand new awakening, or a spiritual rebirth of sorts. Madonna's "Ray of Light" was nominated for three Grammy Awards, winning for Best Dance Recording and Best Short Form Music Video.
- "Love Like This" by Faith Evans. This popular club smash hit from Faith Evans is a huge party favorite that carries with it a pretty significant 'feel good' vibe that's important for just about any happiness song. "Love Like This" sees Faith Evans singing about a newfound significant other and the way he makes her feel.