Whether your girlfriend just cheated on you or one of your friends just sold you out to the police, check out these 10 best songs about hate when looking for music to get your blood really boiling. Some songs about hate are rather overt, while others cleverly disguise their hatred by giving you fantasies about what you’d like to do to whomever ticked you off.
- "Hate (I Really Don't Like You)" by the Plain White T's: So you poured your heart out to your girlfriend and she took advantage of you for all you're worth. Does that pretty much describe your situation? Then take comfort in "Hate" by the Plain White T's. They say "Hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don't like you."
- "I Hate Everything About You" by Three Days Grace: Physically speaking, you and your girlfriend had it together. But when it came to your feelings, she didn't love you at all. In the words of Three Days Grace, you hate everything about her, so why do you love her?
- "Hate That I Love You" by Rihanna and Ne-Yo: You know she's no good for you, but you just can't help yourself. As Rihanna says, "I hate how much I love you… I can't stand how much I need you." So now you're hating on yourself for loving a girl who will probably dump you in a week. Just dump her first, and you'll be good to go.
- "Snitch" by Obie Trice and Akon: So it's not your girlfriend who's giving you grief now – it's your own homeboys. Maybe you did something that wasn't quite legal and your friend took the opportunity to make his good name look better by snitching on you to the cops. Or perhaps he's threatening to tell your girlfriend about that incident at his bachelor party. You're going to take a heavy fall, and if he'd have just kept his mouth shut, you wouldn't feel like hating on him so much.
- "I Hate This Part Right Here" by Pussycat Dolls: You love it when your girlfriend is in a good mood, but what about when she just mopes around? Perhaps you're on your way to a basketball game with her and she's giving you the silent treatment because she'd rather be at Yoga class. You "hate this part right here" if she's bawling her eyes out and you "just can't take these tears."
- "Hate" by Jay-Z and Kanye West: Leave it to two rappers you hate to love to write a song about hating their haters. Are you a popular dude who draws all the envy ire of your peers? Then this, one of the best songs about hate, is for you.
- "She Loves Me Not" by Papa Roach: You've had about all you can take from a girl who makes you cry all the time and drives you to a few beers every time she gripes about something. You started out loving her, but she never really loved you all that much, no matter how hard you tried to make her happy.
- "Pray for You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love: You wouldn't expect songs about hate with the word "pray" in the title, but just you wait. This Youtube hit had every guy down on his knees asking for vengeance on his ex-girlfriend without a second thought. So if you don't want to be the bad guy to pull the trigger, ask the Man Upstairs to make her engines stall when she's 30,000 feet in the air.
- "Messiah" by Dead Celebrity Status: Feel like hating the whole world? Dead Celeb says they've got "two middle fingers and they're pointed at…" – you fill in the blanks.
- "Art of Losing" by American Hi-Fi: Last but not least of these songs about hate, "Art of Losing" is the perfect choice for hating yourself, hating your life and hating work.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...