There are lots of songs about hope but the 10 best are the ones that everybody knows and most people have on vinyl, CD or portable mp3 device. People likes songs about hope because no one likes to think that things will never improve. Here are the 10 best songs about hope.
- "Here Comes The Sun," Beatles. This is not one the Beatles biggest hits but just about any Beatles song could make a top 10 list. This song is a simple guitar accompanied number that offers an upbeat message for those willing to believe that better times lay ahead.
- "Things can Only Get Better," Howard Jones. Looking in the mirror at his skunk like haircut it is no wonder that Howard Jones had to hope for better things in the future. This 80's classic is probably his best song and it ranks as one of the best songs about hope.
- "Don't Stop," Fleetwood Mac. The folks in Fleetwood Mac have written great songs about every human emotion but this song about hope is one of their best. For a band who had so many issues this song shows that they had a pretty optimistic outlook.
- "Don't Stop Believin" Journey. It is easy to have hope in the good times but it is much harder when things get rough. This song was written to make sure that people do not throw the towel in and it's one of Journey's very best songs.
- "I Can See Clearly Now," Jimmy Cliff. Some people like to dwell on the negative but it took Jimmy Cliff no time at all to jump up and announce that the weather had cleared up in this memorable number. This is probably one of the 10 best songs of all time.
- "Rise," Eddie Vedder. This song is not a rabble rousing happy clappy number but in a quiet forceful way it offers the listener some hope. Eddie is one of the best singers of his generation and this is one of his greatest works.
- "We are the World," Various. Sometimes it takes a tragic event to make people realize how good they have it. During the Ethiopian famine in the 80's many musicians had an epiphany and released this song to raise money and offer hope to the starving.
- "Keep Holding On," Avril Lavigne. Canadian rocker Avril seems like someone who doesn't easily give up. This song is about staying hopeful and fighting until the end and it's one of the 10 best hope songs of all time.
- "Don't Give Up," Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush. Two of the biggest stars of the 80's combined to offer this song about hope and it is one of the best songs from the decade. Kate and Pete had very different styles but this song was masterful.
- "I Believe I can Fly," R Kelly. Singer R Kelly isn't just hopeful he is wildly optimistic to believe that he can fly but nevertheless it makes for one of his best songs. R Kelly has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons in recent years but listening to this reminds you of why he got famous to begin with.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...