Here are the 10 best songs about jobs. Working can be tough, and many of us look forward to the time away from work. Here are some songs that deal with varying topics on the subject of work.
- “Bang The Drum All Day” – Todd Rundgren. You might have heard this one at any Packer game. They play it when a player does his job and scores. This song is about a guy that only wanted to play music and never wanted to have a regular job.
- “9 to 5” – Dolly Parton. This was a great movie about working women, and its theme song was just as good. It talks about how tough the work force can be for a woman and how tough it can be to get ahead in that world.
- “Private Dancer” – Tina Turner. Speaking of a woman's world, this Turner song is about a woman that is forced to be a prostitute. She calls herself a private dancer, but the sadness of this woman's job is quite obvious.
- “Working on the Highway” – Bruce Springsteen. The Boss does it again. In this classic tune, Bruce talks about the life of a construction worker; it is a great and catchy song about one of the hardest jobs there is.
- “Working for the Weekend” - Loverboy. This song is somewhat of an anthem for the working man. "Everybody's working for the weekend; everybody wants a new romance." We get through the tough week so we can let loose on the weekend.
- "Ain't Nothin' Goin' on but the Rent” – Gwen Guthrie. "You got to have a j.o.b. if you want to be with me." Talk about a realist. This lady knows what she wants, namely a guy with a good job.
- "Manic Monday” – The Bangles. This song is about the depression Monday brings, because the weekend is over and reality ha set back in. "I wish it were Sunday, my I don't have to run day.
- "Take This Job and Shove it” – David Allan Coe. This song is about a factory worker that gives his blood and sweat to the job, but there is always injustice. He wishes he could say what he really thinks.
- "My Hometown" – Bruce Springsteen. Bruce makes the list twice. One of the topics covered in the song is the mills closing. "Forman says these jobs are going boy and they aint coming back." Sounds vaguely familiar doesn't it?
- "Taking Care of Business" - Bachman Turner Overdrive. Sometimes a job requires you to put in some overtime. This song talks about the working man who hustles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …