The 10 best songs about kids is not also the best collection of kids songs. Those are two entirely different categories. Kids can be lovable and kids can be frustrating, and these emotions come out in equal measures in song. When you come to think of it, it's astounding the number of songs that are either written about childhood or children. Obviously, kids are a big part of music inspiration.
"Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. This is one of those sentimental songs, if you like that sort of thing. Carlisle is best known as a Christian singer, but this little tune about love for a daughter touched enough lives to break out on the pop charts.
- "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash. This song made famous by Johnny Cash tells the funny story of what might happen if a father named his kid Sue. It may not be the least dysfunctional song, but it's the funniest of the 10 best songs about kids.
- "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" by John Lennon. John Lennon wrote this one about Sean Lennon, the only child of John an Yoko. It was on Lennon's last official studio album, "Double Fantasy".
"He Didn't Have To Be" by Brad Paisley. This one's another song from child to father, and is sung out of appreciation for a stepfather, who was a real dad to a son that wasn't his biological offspring. Sadly, such unconditional love is a rare thing.
- "Don't Take the Girl" by Tim McGraw. McGraw sure knows how to sing about death. This song includes a verse where a mom dies while giving birth. At lest the baby lives, however.
“Sweet Child ‘O Mine” by Guns 'N' Roses. This sweet G 'N' R song may not have been intended as a father-to-child song, but it sure works that way. Besides, how often can you use the word "sweet" in the context of Guns 'N' Roses?
- "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. With this pretty song, Steven Curtis Chapman imagines the day his daughter will get married. It's hard picture kids growing up and getting married. But the do. Most of us were kids once, after all.
"Father Of Mine" by Everclear. Everclear sounds so angry on this one, you'd almost thought the guy had been named Sue. It's tough growing up with a bad dad.
“Cat's In The Cradle” by Harry Chapin. Most people with busy lives can relate to this one. The dad's too busy for the son. But when the son grows up, he's too busy for the dad.
- "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. The lyrics to this song express the wish of every parent. Parents want their kids to experience life to the fullest.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.