If you're at a major crossroads in your life, you'll enjoy these 10 best songs about leaving home forever. Whether going to college or simply moving out for other ambitions or reasons, you may relate to many or all of these songs. It's likely that some will go on your playlist for moving day.
- "Fly Away" performed by John Denver and Olivia Newton-John. This is a beautiful duet ballad. It tells the story of flying away and leaving someone forever. It's a poignant, strong song with a lot going on in the lyrics and gorgeous melodies.
- "Graduation (Friends Forever)" performed by Vitamin C. This was the biggest hit for the singer. It's a song that's appropriate for major life changes. As the title suggests, it's especially poignant at graduations, when you look back at memories and say good-bye to friends that you may not see again for a long time. It's also appropriate for saying good-bye and leaving home forever.
- "Letting Go" performed by Melissa Etheridge. This is a haunting, simple song. The song is best summed up by this important lyric: "I came here to let you know the letting go has taken place." When it comes to leaving home forever, you'll have to let go.
- "Fly Away" performed by Petula Clark. This is a completely different song than the similarly titled one above. It's also a song about leaving forever, though. Originally from the British film "Never Never Land," it's a song with deep lyrics and a strong story.
- "Sugar Mountain" performed by Neil Young. This is a tearjerker of a song. Its beautiful and sentimental lyrics are its main strength, and it's the perfect song for remembrance when leaving home forever. It tells of wishing for the eternal pleasures of youth and childhood.
- "She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles. This is a beautiful song as well. You'll love being serenaded by the Fab Four as you embark on your adventure.
- "Time of Your Life" performed by Green Day. This is a song of well wishes and good-byes. Dealing with the subject of letting go, the song could be seen as a song of leaving home forever, while wishing those you leave behind the time of their lives in new adventures. The opposite could also be true, as leaving home is often a great adventure where one explores and discovers who she is.
- "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. This song is haunting and serene at once. Although it speaks of leaving for a long while, it's also a love song and speaks of hope. It's a great song for a playlist when you're planning on flying away from home.
- "Breakaway" performed by Kelly Clarkson. This is one of the most well-known songs about leaving your hometown and exploring your dreams. It's powerful and fun at once, and its lyrics are very relatable for that time of life where you are leaving home forever and spreading your wings.
- "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. This is basically a long song. It's a great one, though, and it's considered a classic rock song. It describes many of the feelings that one experiences when venturing out into the world and leaving home forever.
There are six tailgating vehicles every man wishes he owned, and each one is more awesome than the next. Tailgating has ...
Most guys don’t have a white horse at the ready to snatch up a woman into happily-ever-after, but there are still romant ...
This bear walks into a bar. Then he sits down and orders a beer.The bartender, amazed that this bear can actually talk, ...