Everyone has an opinion when it comes to music, but the 10 best songs about liking someone are familiar to most audiences. From Motown to Nashville, Christian rock to rock-and-roll, these stirring songs are filled with emotion. Representing the most popular songs about liking someone, they are a great way to express your feelings, particularly toward a new love interest.
- “Overjoyed.” “Overjoyed” is a 1985 hit single by Motown legend, Stevie Wonder. A perfect song of like-turned-to-love, the lyrics speak of the joy and hope of a new romance, despite improbable odds.
- “Kiss Me.” “Kiss Me” is a 1997 single by Sixpence None The Richer, a contemporary Christian rock band. The lyrics to this worldwide hit reflect a serious affection for someone. The song offers an invitation to “kiss me, beneath the milky twilight.”
- “She’s Everything.” “She’s Everything” is a 2006 single by country music star, Brad Paisley. Songwriter Wil Nance wrote the lyrics for his wife. Paisley re-wrote them to personalize the song, which describes the woman he likes best of all.
- “You Had Me From Hello.” “You Had Me From Hello” is a 1999 single by country singer, Kenny Chesney. In the song, he tells the woman he likes that he was hers from the moment they met. Chesney based the song on a line from “Jerry McGuire,” a 1996 film starring Renee Zellweger, whom Chesney later married.
- “Our Song.” “Our Song” is a 2007 country pop song by Taylor Swift. The lyrics describe a young couple who like each other but discover they don’t have a song. They use the events in their lives to create their own song.
- “I Wanna Hold Your Hand.” “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” is a 1963 single by legendary English rock band, The Beatles. Their hit began the British invasion of the American music charts. “Please say to me you’ll let me be your man,” the lyrics implore, in a song that is perfect for the new girl in your life.
- “Run To You.” “Run To You” is a 1984 rock song by Bryan Adams. It is one of his most recognized, popular, and successful songs. The song’s narrator sings to someone he likes, someone he is running to–someone his lover doesn’t know about.
- “You Really Got A Hold On Me.” “You Really Got A Hold On Me” is a 1962 single by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. This classic song about liking someone is one of the R&B group’s most covered tunes. “Seems I’m always thinking of you,” the lyrics declare, “you really got a hold on me.”
- “Fallin’.” “Fallin’” is a 2001 single by R&B singer, Alicia Keys. Her first number one hit became her signature song. According to Keys, the song is about the “ins and outs” of relationships–about the person you like one day and can’t stand the next.
- “What A Wonderful World.” “What A Wonderful World” is an optimistic song recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1968. The song was a response to the racial and political tensions of the time. But it can be a beautiful expression of hope for a new friendship or romantic attachment.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.