Are you wondering what are the 10 best songs about losing your best friend? In this mobile world, having a male or female friend who needs to move on is not uncommon. Though the separation may invoke feelings of sadness, loneliness, or longing to return to that person's side, there is the modern day ability to send someone a song in a card, or e-card, to remind them of how you feel.
- "Dont Speak" by No Doubt. Written by Eric and Gwen Stefani, "Dont Speak" is a sad song about losing your best friend (and lover). This song gained international success the same year as its release in 1996 and can be found on the "Tragic Kingdom" album.
- "I'm Lost Without You" by Blink 182. This is from the "Blink-182" album. Singer Tom Delonge swears the band worked on this one for six months. The result is an excellent song about losing your best friend.
- "Who Knew" by Pink. Off the 2006 "I'm Not Dead" album, "Who Knew" is a sad song about a boy/girl relationship wherein she finds out that he has drug issues. Pink enjoyed international success with this song about losing your best friend.
- "If I Could" by Jack Johnson. From the "In Between Dreams" album (2005), "If I Could" describes losing a friend while a baby is born. Jack's simple soft rock style and his perspective of changing things if he could is pleasing.
- "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Sir Elton John. "Blue Moves," released in 1976, gave the world "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word." This song about losing your best friend is a melancholy tune about undying friendship/love.
- "All Good Things (Come To An End)" by Nelly Furtado. Her third album, "Loose," gave Furtado her largest publicity and sales. "All Good Things" is a sweet song about losing your best friend.
- "How To Save A Life" by The Fray. From the debut album of the same name, Isaac Slade masterfully created this best song about losing your best friend based on his own experiences. This touching song deals with so many aspects of life and emotions, such as acceptance and learning.
- "Without You Here" by the Goo Goo Dolls. "Let Love In" is the Goo Goo Dolls anniversary album where you'll find "Without You Here." Rzeznik really hits home with this song about losing your friend.
- "Seasons In The Sun" by Terry Jack. A classic best song about losing your best friend released in 1973, "Seasons In The Sun" is sung from the dying person's perspective to his loving family. The song has had many covers, including one from Westlife that sounds pretty close to Jack's.
- "So Far Away" by Carol King. Written and recorded by Carol King, "So Far Away" is still a much played song about losing your best friend. Off of the 1971 "Tapestry" album, King asks the simple question, "doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore?"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …