It is not easy to choose the 10 best songs about lost love. Many songs across every genre are about the pain that is felt when love is lost. Narrowing down the best songs from country, pop and rock sung during the last century is not easy, but here are the ten best songs about lost love.
- "The Winner Takes It All" ABBA This song was written not long after one of the bearded fellows from ABBA divorced the blonde chick. This song gets play time every time a jilted girl is confronted with the site of a former sweetheart in the company of a new woman. Easily one of the ten best songs about lost love.
- "Cryin'" Aerosmith The aging rockers introduced themselves to a younger generation of fans with this instant classic. The fact that the video suggested the singer had been ditched by Alicia Silverstone made the pain in this song about lost love all the more real.
- "You Oughta Know" Alanis Morrisette This song taught men never to date and dump the angry Canadian singer. The lyrics lay it all out and help this song claim its place among the ten best songs about lost love.
- "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor When you get ditched you do not have to be a victim or so says disco queen Gloria Gaynor in this foot-tapping, hip-swinging, glitter ball, lost love classic. This one remains popular with lonely folks on dance floors at the end of the night.
- "Achy Breaky Heart" Billy Ray Cyrus So you have a mullet and a whiny Southern accent and you wonder why she ran out on you? Nevertheless, Billy Ray Cyrus did create one of the ten best songs about lost love.
- "Black" Pearl Jam Not just a mere song about lost love but rather the death pangs of a suicidal man. Nice work Pearl jam, way to cheer us up.
- "Unbreak My Heart" Toni Braxton Well, you can only ask. Toni asked for her heart to be unbroken over and over again in this popular song about lost love, but it was to no avail.
- "Don't You Want Me" Human League When you meet a girl who is working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, it isn't usually the start of a long lasting romance and it certainly wasn't for the guy in Human League. His pain was our gain as this song remains one of the ten best songs about lost love.
- "My Heart Will Go On" Celine Dion Her heart may go on, but will it go on as long as those tedious ad-lib moments in her live shows? Good song about lost love though.
- "Every Breath You Take" The Police Just when you thought it was safe to go out after dark, you upset Sting by dumping him and now he is watching you. That will teach you to create unhappy experiences that lead to the creation of the ten best songs about lost love.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.