Trying to discuss only 10 best songs about love at first sight is a daunting task because there are hundreds of songs that would fit the bill. However, this is a fascinating subject to discuss. These songs go back many many years, and you still may remember all the lyrics to some of these tunes.
- "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was made famous by Roberta Flack both in her album and singing it in the Clint Eastwood movie "Play Misty For Me". She released this soul music classic in 1972. There were also versions over the years by Celine Dion, Elvis Presley, Leona Lewis, and others who loved to sing about love at first sight..
- "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" was sung by Roberta Flack in an R&B duet with Peabo Bryson in 1983. It was a perfect song for ballroom dancing with one's lover.
- "I'm Falling in Love With Someone" goes all the way back to 1935's movie of "Naughty Marietta!" This song was sung by Jeanette MacDonald. It is never too early to sing a song about love at first sight.
- "A Whole New World" was in 1992's movie "Aladdin," while Jasmine was being flown on Aladdin's magic carpet. It was an Oscar winner.
- "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" by Barry White was from the 1975 movie of the same name. This was the most preferred Valentine's Day song for decades since many couples find themselves falling in love at first sight.
- "Our Love is Here to Stay" comes from the 1951 Best Picture-winning "An American in Paris". Gene Kelly sang this to Leslie Caron on the bank of a studio-built set of the Seine River.
- "My Love" by Paul McCartney and Wings was released in 1973 and is said to be one of the most popular and oldest love at first sight songs. It is a tribute to romantic songs and has been one of the most liked songs ever.
- "You Had Me From Hello" is a more current country song by Kenny Chesney. He wrote it for Rene Zelwegger after seeing a movie she was in. They ended up getting married, but the marriage did not last long.
- "Your Everything" is another country song, this one by Australian Keith Urban. It was composed to be sung to his wife, Nicole Kidman.
- "Love At First Sight" is one of the beautiful songs by Michael Buble. His rich tone is often used to resurrect nostalgic songs from other famous artists who sang about love.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.