Here are the 10 best songs about marriage. There are some songs that actually capture the very essence of marriage. The following songs about marriage do just that, whether you are planning a wedding, anniversary party or just want to surprise that special someone with a really romantic treat.
- "Endless Love." This oldie but goodie was first recorded by Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie and became a blockbuster hit. If you are seeking a more recent rendition, there are quite a few out there, including a recent version by the cast of the TV show "Glee".
- "When I Fall in Love (it will be forever)." Way back in 1961,the Letterman had a hit with this one and it still sounds good. You may also wish to try Celine Dion's version.
- "All the Way." Ah, those lyrics …"through the good and lean years and for all those in-between years, come what may". This one can only be sung by Frank Sinatra. No other version will do.
- "Love and Marriage (go together like a horse and carriage)." Can you imagine anyone other than Frank Sinatra singing this? Stick to the best.
- "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your LIfe?" This 1969 composition by Michel Legrand has been recorded by many top stars. Try Johnny Mathis, Peggy Lee, Barbra Streisand, or for a newer version, Michael Bolton.
- "Could I Have This Dance (for the rest of my life?)." This country-style number made famous by Anne Murray is perfect for that first dance at a wedding or anniversary celebration.
- "You and Me Against the World." "When all the others turn their backs and walk away, you can count on me to stay……" Touchingly beautiful lyrics make this one of the 10 best wedding songs.
- "As Time Goes By." This 1931 Gershwin classic will never go out of style. Who hasn't recorded it? Try Carly Simon or Barry White.
- "Our Love Is Here To Stay." Another Gershwin classic. There are many, many versions from which to choose, but Frank Sinatra still does this best.
- "I'll Be There." Just call my name and I'll be there…" This huge hit by the Jackson Five still hits that sentimental nerve just right. Mariah Carey also has a more recent version.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.