10 Best Songs About Moving On
People have many ways of getting over or attempting to get over that someone that has done them wrong as can be heard through these 10 best song about moving on. Some say that getting under someone else is the best way to get over someone else but that only heals the wounds temporarily. Sometimes hearing a song that lets you know that someone else has been through what you're dealing with can be a great coping mechanism. Country music provides some of the best songs about moving on, as the sincerity of the genre itself tends to focus on the theme in a more believable manner than most other forms of music.
- "Better Man, Better Off" by Tracy Lawrence. This track is one of the best songs about moving on due to its positive outlook and the appreciation for being able to grow from lessons learned.
- "You'll Think of Me" by Keith Urban. Keith Urban delivers a great song about moving on as he realizes that one day, that girl will be thinking of him in this great track from the Australian country crooner.
- "How Am I Doin'" by Dierks Bentley. Dierks Bentley delivered the ultimate "you dumped me but look at me now" track when he recorded this gem. The way he expresses all the fun he is having is sure to have driven a few of his ex girlfriends insane wondering if it was them. They were probably thinking this song was about them. They are so vain.
- "Land of the Living" by Pam Tillis. Pam Tillis has a knack for taking songs that border on cheesy and legitimizing them with solid vocals and delivery. She does just that on this song that belongs on just about any list of the best songs about moving on.
- "Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)" by Travis Tritt. Remember payphones? It really doesn't matter. All that matters is that you don't let her come crawling back at her convenience. Text someone else, boo.
- "How Do You Like Me Now?" by Toby Keith. While not necessarily about being broken up with, this Toby Keith hit makes one of the best songs about moving on for the classic way he approaches a cliche situation.
- "Better Things to Do" by Terri Clark. One of the best songs about moving on reminds us that when we are considering taking that ex back, it's probably best to just wash our car in the rain or change our new guitar strings, because she isn't worth it. That is why it ended in the first place, right?
- "I'm Gonna Miss Her" by Brad Paisley. If you're feeling down about that girl that left you, just remember you don't have to account to her anymore. What better song about moving on than one that reminds you about the joys of fishing.
- "Ain't That the Way It Always Ends" by Tim McGraw. This classic Tim McGraw track reminds you that someone else has been there before.
- "The River" by Garth Brooks. One of the biggest country hits of the 1990's is also one of the best songs about moving on. This track reminds us that life brings us changes and that we have to keep adapting to them in order to live a happy life. It sounds hokey but this song delivers this sentiment in such well-crafted terms that you can't help but feel that keep on keepin' on spirit.