10 Best Songs About Moving
If you’re searching for ten best songs about moving, consider the following playlist. If one of your friends is moving away, you probably want music for a going away party. These songs are just the ticket for remembering the good times during this sad time, as you say your goodbyes.
- “Across The Universe.” Moving can be a sad time when your friend is leaving. “Across The Universe” is a sad-sounding song by iconic British rock group, the Beatles. Yet the lyrics of this psychedelic folk song can be encouraging to friends: “Nothing’s gonna change my world.”
- “Baby Come Back.” “Baby Come Back” is a 1997 single by American rock group, Player. Made popular again in television commercials, this song is a plea to the one moving: “I just can’t live without you.”
- “Changes.” “Changes” is a 1972 song by English rock musician, David Bowie. It is one of his best-known songs. Applied to moving, the song addresses reinvention: “Changes are taking the pace I’m going through.”
- “Take Me Home, Country Roads.” “Take Me Home, Country Roads” is a 1971 song by American singer-songwriter, John Denver. It is the singer’s signature song and a good song for someone going “to the place I belong”--whether moving to a new home, or returning to old friends.
- “Homeward Bound.” “Homeward Bound” is a 1966 single by American folk-rock duo, Simon and Garfunkle. One of their signature songs, it describes a longing to return home: “Ev’ry stranger’s face I see reminds me that I long to be, homeward bound.”
- “I Like To Move It.” “I Like To Move It” is a 1994 song by the reggae-influenced music duo, Reel 2 Real. Prominently featured in the “Madagascar” animated film series, the song is a feel-good dance song perfect for a going away party. “Move it, move it.”
- “Miss You.” “Miss You” is a 1978 single by British rock band, the Rolling Stones. The song, heavily influenced by disco, is another good one for a mix tape. Some of the words even describe how you feel about your friend’s move: “Been waiting on your call” and “I miss you.”
- “Rocket Man.” “Rocket Man” is a 1972 song by British singer-songwriter, Elton John. In the context of moving, the song can describe a person’s mixed feelings about leaving his family or friends do his job. “And I think it’s gonna be a long, long time.”
- “Road Trippin.” “Road Trippin” is a 2000 song by American alternative rock band, Red Hot Chili Peppers. The song is a fan favorite, and it describes a road trip along the Pacific Coast Highway. Any song about a road trip makes a good moving song, too.
- “Three Little Birds.” “Three Little Birds” is a 1977 single by Bob Marley. Appropriately last on the playlist for best songs about moving, it’s encouraging to friends: “Don’t worry about a thing, ‘cause every little thing gonna be alright.”