There are so many kinds of love songs, but the 10 best songs about new love manage to touch on that indescribable feeling of a love that's just starting out. You know, the tingling, the weakness in the knees, that feeling that you can't live without her? Relieve the beginning of love with the ten best songs about new love.
- "Endless Love" by Diana Ross & Lionel Richie: With the lyrics "My first love, you're every breath that I take, you're every step I make," this song perfectly encapsulates the all-encompassing emotions of a new love.
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" by Elton John: Who didn't feel a little misty eyed watching Simba and Nala fall in love to the lyrics of this song in The Lion King?
- "At Last" by Etta James: Many songs about new love are about a first love, but this song seems to speak more to those who have had some bad relationships in the past and have finally found the one they were waiting for. It doesn't hurt that Etta could sing the phone book and make it work.
- "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson: You know that moment, the second it happens. Two eyes lock across a crowded room and everything changes. Yeah, this song is about that.
- "You're the One that I Want" by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John: Watching Sandy and Danny realize that they belong together while singing this duet is pure movie magic. This song about new love works perfectly for couples that have been friends, and are realizing it's time to take it to the next step.
- "Happy Together" by The Turtles: One of the best known songs of the psychedelic era, there are few song lyrics as simple and powerful as "I can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life." Haven't we all felt that once?
- "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS: Another one of those songs about new love that reminds us how easy falling in love can be. "I was standing, you were there. Two worlds collided, and they can never tear us apart."
- "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen: Freddy's crazy in love, but just not sure if he's ready for the emotion. Plenty of us understood the feeling, because this song about new love is one of Queen's best-selling singles.
- "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith: Watching Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler fall in love on the screen while her real life dad sang about was either touching or creepy, depending on how you look at it. But there is nothing creepy about how the song nails that sensation of falling in love.
- "Anyone Else But You" by The Moldy Peaches: This song about new love was made famous by its use at the end of the movie Juno. The lyrics are a shining example of how new love can help you see through anyone's faults and decide that they're perfect for you anyway.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.