So many songwriters write songs about relationships – in whatever form, but these are the 10 best songs about relationships. Songs about relationships are often about lovers, but others talk about relationships an artist has with friends or fans. These songs about relationships range from happy and uplifting to emotional and sad, but they each have their own beauty to them. Here are the best songs about relationships:
- "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. Queen's "You're My Best Friend" is certainly one of the best songs about relationships. The song tells about how incredibly much he loves and cherishes the friends hip of a girl who is always there for him.
- "I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. As one of the best songs about relationships, this Foreigner song tells about a yearning to feel love with another person and to no longer be lonely.
- "Keep Me In Your Heart" by Warren Zevon. Warren Zevon's "Keep Me In Your Heart" is perhaps the most touching of the best songs about relationships. In this final track on his final studio album, Zevon asks everyone he's had a relationship with, it seems, to keep him in their thoughts.
- "Lady" by Styx. "Lady" is a beautiful song by Styx. The song tells of how incredibly happy this lady makes him, with lyrics like the opening "Lady, when you're with me I'm smiling/Give me all your love/Your hands build me up hen I'm sinking/Touch me and my troubles all fade."
- "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley. Bob Marley's heartfelt "No Woman No Cry" is certainly one of the best relationship songs. It tells of a couple who can no longer be together for one reason or another with beautiful, emotional lyrics and music.
- "Help On The Way" by The Grateful Dead. The Grateful Dead's "Help On The Way" is one of the best songs about relationships from this famous jam band. Lyrics like "Don't fly away, cause I love what I love and I want it that way/I will stay one more day, like I say, honey it's you" tell of the need for love and the fear of losing it.
- "If You See Her, Say Hello" by Bob Dylan. "If You See Her, Say Hello" is one of Bob Dylan's best songs about relationships. Dylan sings about a lost love, and how difficult it is to let go completely.
- "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" is a beautiful song that tells of a couple's night out, and how wonderful the woman makes him feel.
- "The Scientist" by Coldplay. Coldplay's "The Scientist" is a beautiful song, and it certainly deserved to be considered one of the best songs about relationships. "The Scientist" is another song about love lost and the desire to win that person back.
- "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers. The Righteous Brothers' best known song "Unchained Melody" tells of a man who is missing his love and wonders if she still loves him and what will happen with their relationship.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.