10 Best Songs About Reuniting
Humans sometimes regret the decisions they make in relationships, which is why these 10 best songs about reuniting reflect mistakes made. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone, and this principle holds particularly true for love. People take each other for granted. They start to believe the grass is greener on the other side. But when they're standing in the middle of a brown grass front yard, they suddenly want to return to the old lawn.
- "Let's Stay Together" Al Green. Nobody sings about yearning for love better than Al Green. With its lyrics, he nearly quotes the typical marriage vow. Whether times are good, bad, happy or sad, he wants to stick with his girl.
- "Reunited" Peaches & Herb. If they ever took a poll for the 10 best songs about reuniting on Family Feud, you just know this Peaches & Herb song would come up number one. One imagines many couples have sung these words to each other after getting back together. They probably sang it badly, too. But that doesn't matter; it's the thought that counts, right?
"Someday We'll be Together" The Supremes. This song featured Diana Ross at her best. She may not have the strongest voice in the world, but she can pull a whole lot of emotion out of it when she wants to. Sadly, these words about wanting to be together never seemed to work for The Supremes.
"Til You Come Back To Me Again" Garth Brooks. The worst part about a romantic reunion is the waiting. Tom Petty even wrote a song where he stated that the waiting is the hardest part. This song is Garth Brooks, waiting.
"I Want You Back" Jackson Five. This song is Michael Jackson, back when he was young, cute and presumably still normal. How could someone that young truly understand the desire to reunite? Well, one must suspend disbelief when it comes to pop music sometimes.
"Another Try" Josh Turner and Trisha Yearwood. This song features two of country music's best modern singers. It's so good, in fact, let's hope Josh Turner and Trisha give this duet thing another try again soon.
"I Miss My Friend" Darryl Worley. In the best cases, romantic partners are friends as well as lovers. With this song, Darryl Worley plays up the strong friendship angle. It's sung with a deep sense of longing.
- "We Belong Together" Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey sings, "Come back, come back cause we belong together." Sometimes you just know you're destined to be with somebody. And if so, you can't let circumstances, such as breaking up, get in the way of your destiny.
- "Too Many Memories" Johnnie Taylor. When couples build up so many great memories together, it's a shame o let all that work go to waste. And when one partner starts thinking about all those memories, the seeds of reunion are planted. That's because he or she just wants to make more fine memories.
- "I Miss You" Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes. Teddy Pendergrass puts it bluntly on this one; he simply misses his baby. Sure, one can write poetry to win back the girl's heart. But there are times when you should just get straight to the point, which is what happens during this song.