Looking for the 10 best songs about shoes? Interestingly enough, there are many songs out there that have been written about shoes, but many of them are quite obscure. Knowing the top 10 songs about shoes can be useful, especially if you are researching fascinating or unorthodox songs.
- “These Boots Were Made For Walkin” by Nancy Sinatra. Though it was widely thought to be a disappointment of a song after the long and prosperous career of her father, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra’s song was thought to be one of the most addictive songs of the 1960s, even though it failed to lead her to any follow-up success.
- “Who Wears These Shoes” by Elton John. Elton John’s little-known hit contains only a few references to shoes, but the actual lyrics are quite dependent on them.
- “Walking in My Shoes” by Depeche Mode. This song is quite dependent on the theme of shoes to deliver its message. Though it is not very well known, it is still one of the most specific songs about shoes.
- “Goody Two-Shoes” by Adam Ant. Another obscure song by an obscure group, this song is not purely about shoes, but uses the popular expression “goody two-shoes” frequently.
- “Blue Suede Shoes” by Carl Perkins. A rock and roll hit released in 1955, this song is often credited to Elvis Presley, but it was written and first performed by Perkins.
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins. Often associated with the popular film of the same name, "Footloose" is one of the most recognizable songs of the 70s that incorporates a mention of shoes.
- “Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band. This song mentions “boogie” shoes, or dancing shoes, as a means to usher in a party. It is, of course, one of the most popular songs by KC and the Sunshine Band.
- “Old Brown Shoe” by the Beatles. Like many of their songs, this Beatles hit featured strange lyrics, including a notable mention of an old brown shoe.
- “New Shoes” by Paolo Nutini. This song features shoes as a manifestation of everything being alright. Basically, when the new shoes are donned, life is good.
- “Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes” by Paul Simon. Of course, any list of shoe-based songs would not be complete without mentioning Simon’s tune. Like most of Simon’s songs, this one features a haunting melody and catchy lyrics.
Of course, there are other songs about shoes, but these are likely the more recognizable songs from this short list. Though shoes may be a peculiar thing to write songs about, they are apparently a hot commodity in the musical world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.