It takes more than just a mention of the season to land a song on the ten best songs about spring. Sometimes it's all about looking forward to that thawing out period spring brings. Other times, spring is a depressing as the rest of the year. Nevertheless, let this song list put a little spring in your step.
- "It Might as Well Be Spring," Julie Andrews. "I'm as jumpy as a puppet on a string/I'd say that I had spring fever." Enough said.
- "April in Paris," Sarah Vaughan. Sure, there are many versions of this song. But nobody makes it a sultry and sexy as Sarah.
- "Spring Affair," Donna Summer. This 1975 song showed how even disco queens celebrated the changing of the seasons.
- "'Spring' from 'The Four Seasons' – Violin Concerto in E Major," Bobby Morganstein. Although it's been used a few too many times for upscale automobiles, this is by far the classiest expression of spring on this list.
- "Sunny Afternoon," The Kinks. The Kinks prove with this song that even a sky full of sun cannot always get a guy out of a bad mood.
- "Here Comes the Sun," The Beatles. The Beatles filled these sunny thoughts with joyful anticipation
- "I Can See Clearly Now," Johnny Nash. This is like a book end to The Beatles' selection. Once the sun comes, all of those cloudy distractions are out of the way and clear thinking begins anew.
- "Spring Rain," The Go-Betweens. Okay, this one is on the list simply because it has the word "spring" in it. But The Go-Betweens were one of those cruelly ignored bands that everybody ought to know about.
- "Springtime," Spinal Tap. This is Spinal Tap, those intentionally dumb guys, give spring the Deep Purple treatment. It is hardly necessary, just good fun.
- "Springtime On The Range," The Sons of the Pioneers. It just lifts your spirits to hear The Sons of the Pioneers exclaim, “Everything is happy on the range today.” Those cowboys could sure find silver linings.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.