Music celebrates many things and these 10 songs about strong women celebrate brilliant independent women of the world. These songs show the strength of women and how they can handle just about anything on their own.
- In "Nothing in Between" by, strong woman, Meredith Brooks lets it all out. She's not afraid to label herself a bitch. In fact the song says it right in the lyrics, “I'm a bitch. I'm a lover. I'm a child. I'm a mother. I'm a sinner. I'm a saint. I do not feel ashamed"
- Pink is the head mistress of strong women songs. Most of her music is all about being in control and not afraid. "So What" is a perfect example.
- Destiny's Child's "Independent Woman" is the anthem of all strong women songs. Who doesn't love a girl that buys her diamonds and buys her own rings, pays her own bills, and wants you to get up leave not stick around to cuddle after a late night hook up?
- Christina Aguilera is another strong female both personally and vocally. "Fighter" shows just how strong she is, “ I am a fighter, I ain't gonna stop, There is no turning back, I've had enough.”
- Gloria Gaynor knows all about being a strong woman. She sang “I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give and I'll survive. I will survive” in the song "I Will Survive".
- Toby Keith loves strong women. "Whiskey Girl" says, “She needs something with a little more edge and a little more pain, She's my little whiskey girl, she's my little whiskey girl, My ragged on the edges girl, but I like them rough.”
- "Ain't Nobody's Business" by Billie Holiday is classic song about strong women. “There ain't nothing I can do or nothing I can say, Some folks will criticize me, So I'm gonna do just what I want to anyway, And I don't care if you all despise me.”
- "I am Woman" by Helen Reddy is another classic. She sings “I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman!”
- Not only is Alanis Morissette strong, she is a little bit scary in "You Oughta Know". “And I'm not gonna fade as soon as you close your eyes and you know it, And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it, Well can you feel it.”
- Strong women know what they want. Shania Twain makes sure everyone knows what she expects in a man with her song, "Any Man on Mine"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.