The 10 best songs about weed may use the term marijuana, dope, or mary jane, but they all talk about the same thing: weed. The songs lyrics directly talk about weed or getting high. All songs are from well known artists, and many became popular and made it onto the Billboard chart despite being songs about weed.
- "Because I Got High" by Afroman. One of the ten best songs about weed is Afroman's "Because I Got High" which was released in 2001 off the album "The Good Times." The song reached #13 on US Billboard chart. Afroman wrote the song in a humorous manner about his experiences with weed and all the things he couldn't accomplish because of smoking weed.
- "The Next Episode" by Dr. Dre. Off Dr. Dre's album "2001" the song about weed features Snoop Dogg and Nate Dogg. "The Next Episode" features the lyrics, "smoke weed everyday" as the last line. During Dre's line he raps, "Get my drink on, and my smoke on."
- "High 'Til I Die" by Tupac. The late hip hop artist Tupac has one of the best songs about weed with "High 'Til I Die" which was released with the 1996 soundtrack "Sunset Park". The album hit Billboard 200 at #4 and R&B/Hip Hop chart at #1. The title explains the lyrics which is Tupac rapping about smoking weed and living the gangsta life.
- "Gin And Juice" by Snoop Dogg. Snoop Dogg's best song about weed is 1993's "Gin and Juice". The song was released on the album "Doggystyle" and reached #8 on the US charts, and #39 on UK charts. The song has the line, "Rollin' down the street, smoking indo, sipping on gin and juice," and indo is a particularly potent form of weed.
- "Smoke Two Joints" by The Toyes. One of the best songs about weed is "Smoke Two Joints" because the original version by The Toyes became popular, as did the 1992 Sublime punk cover. The song came about when Mawg & his brother Sky were on Kuhio beach smoking Kona weed and listening to reggae groove.
- "My Name Is Bud" by NOFX. Punk band NOFX released this song about weed on two different albums, 2000's "Bottles to the Ground" and 2010's "The Longest EP". The under a minute song is short and to the point with the lyrics, "Took my squirt gun and made it a bong. My sister's name is Mary-Jane and mine's Bud!"
- "Mary Jane's Last Dance" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The song has never had a clear explanation from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers because they want it to be left for interpretation. One popular theory is it is a song about weed. "Mary Jane's Last Dance" has the lyric, "Last dance with Mary Jane, one more time to kill the pain," which could mean smoking weed to numb the senses. The popular song was released in 1993 and at the end of the year came in #77 for the end of year chart.
- "Mary Jane" by Rick James. The first song to use Rick James now well known funk rock is the popular song about weed titled "Mary Jane". The songs title is a play on the nickname used for weed. Rick James wrote the lyrics as a homage to weed.
- "Get Stoned" by Hinder. Another best song about weed is Hinder's "Get Stoned" which is from their 2005 album, "Extreme Behavior". The song's title "Get Stoned" has no hidden meaning behind it because the song is about getting high on weed and making love to his girlfriend. The chorus in the song goes, "Lets go home and get stoned, we could end up making love instead of misery".
- "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis. Released in 1995 on the album "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" it was one of the few songs Oasis released as a single in the US. Hitting #1 on the US Modern Rock Billboard chart, "Champagne Supernova" has lyrics that talk about weed. After the chorus the line sung is, "Where were you when we were getting high?"
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.