Here are 10 best songs for best friends. Do you get by with a little help from your friends? From the classic to the eclectic, from boy-girl friendships to bromances, this list has a bit of everything to celebrate best friends.
- “Friendship” by Cole Porter. Here’s a throwback to yesteryear, and a simple nod to friendship. “If you’re ever in a jam, here I am / If you ever need a pal, I’m your gal / If you ever feel so happy you land in jail, I’m your bail”
- “Friends” by Elton John. Who sings it better than Elton John? “With a friend at hand you will see the light / If your friends are there then everything’s all right”
- “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” by Randy Newman. Originally from Toy Story, this song about friendship is simple, but timeless. “If you’ve got troubles, I’ve got ‘em, too / There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you / We stick together and can see it through / ‘Cause you’ve got a friend in me”
- “That’s What Friends Are For” by Dionne Warwick. Somewhat overplayed, sure, but that’s because the message is so good. “Keep smilin’ / Keep shinin’ / Knowin’ you can always count on me, for sure / That’s what friends are for / In good times / And bad times / I’ll be on your side forever more / That’s what friends are for”
- “My Best Friend” by Weezer. For the special relationship that’s part lover, part best friend, here’s a song straight from the heart. “There is no other one who can take your place / I feel happy inside when I see your face / I hope you believe me / ‘Cause I speak sincerely / and I mean it when I tell you that I need you / You’re my best friend / and I love you, and I love you / Yes I do”
- “I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts. There’s a reason this was picked as the theme song for the television show Friends. “I’ll be there for you / When the rain starts to pour / I’ll be there for you / Like I’ve been there before / I’ll be there for you / ‘Cause you’re there for me, too”
- “Umbrella” by Rihanna. A bit on the dark side, but the message is clear. In sunny days or rainy ones, Rihanna’s got your back. “Now that it’s raining more than ever / Know that we’ll still have each other / You can stand under my umbrella / You can stand under my umbrella”
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers. Withers is a master in this great classic. “Lean on me / When you’re not strong / And I’ll be your friend / I’ll help you carry on / For it won’t be long / ‘Til I’m gonna need / Somebody to lean on”
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen. What better way to say “I Love You” to someone than with this ode to friendship? “You know I’ll never be lonely / You’re my only one / And I love / The things that you do / You’re my best friend”
- “With a Little Help From My Friends” by The Beatles. We all need somebody to love. “I get by with a little help from my friends / I get high with a little help from my friends / I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.