Here are 10 best songs for best friends. Do you get by with a little help from your friends? From the classic to the eclectic, from boy-girl friendships to bromances, this list has a bit of everything to celebrate best friends.
- “Friendship” by Cole Porter. Here’s a throwback to yesteryear, and a simple nod to friendship. “If you’re ever in a jam, here I am / If you ever need a pal, I’m your gal / If you ever feel so happy you land in jail, I’m your bail”
- “Friends” by Elton John. Who sings it better than Elton John? “With a friend at hand you will see the light / If your friends are there then everything’s all right”
- “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” by Randy Newman. Originally from Toy Story, this song about friendship is simple, but timeless. “If you’ve got troubles, I’ve got ‘em, too / There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for you / We stick together and can see it through / ‘Cause you’ve got a friend in me”
- “That’s What Friends Are For” by Dionne Warwick. Somewhat overplayed, sure, but that’s because the message is so good. “Keep smilin’ / Keep shinin’ / Knowin’ you can always count on me, for sure / That’s what friends are for / In good times / And bad times / I’ll be on your side forever more / That’s what friends are for”
- “My Best Friend” by Weezer. For the special relationship that’s part lover, part best friend, here’s a song straight from the heart. “There is no other one who can take your place / I feel happy inside when I see your face / I hope you believe me / ‘Cause I speak sincerely / and I mean it when I tell you that I need you / You’re my best friend / and I love you, and I love you / Yes I do”
- “I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts. There’s a reason this was picked as the theme song for the television show Friends. “I’ll be there for you / When the rain starts to pour / I’ll be there for you / Like I’ve been there before / I’ll be there for you / ‘Cause you’re there for me, too”
- “Umbrella” by Rihanna. A bit on the dark side, but the message is clear. In sunny days or rainy ones, Rihanna’s got your back. “Now that it’s raining more than ever / Know that we’ll still have each other / You can stand under my umbrella / You can stand under my umbrella”
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers. Withers is a master in this great classic. “Lean on me / When you’re not strong / And I’ll be your friend / I’ll help you carry on / For it won’t be long / ‘Til I’m gonna need / Somebody to lean on”
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen. What better way to say “I Love You” to someone than with this ode to friendship? “You know I’ll never be lonely / You’re my only one / And I love / The things that you do / You’re my best friend”
- “With a Little Help From My Friends” by The Beatles. We all need somebody to love. “I get by with a little help from my friends / I get high with a little help from my friends / I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?