The 10 best songs to breakdance to mostly have rhythms between 115 and 130 BPMs (beats per minute), allowing for up-tempo breaking without going too fast into today's often too-fast-for-breaking krumping style. When it comes to the best songs to breakdance to, old school hip-hop—the songs of the original b-boys—reign supreme. Here are the 10 best songs to breakdance to. Get your cardboard ready.
- "Planet Rock" by Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force – "Planet Rock" rides one of the most recognizable beats in early hip-hop. It's easy to show off all your power moves to this hip-hop classic. It's an easy choice to top the 10 best songs to breakdance to.
- "Rock the Bells" by LL Cool J - As soon as the bells hit, a robot is almost automatic. Another old-school hip-hop classic, Cool James' first major hit sounds just as good from a boombox as a home stereo. This helps to make it one of the best songs to breakdance to.
- "B.O.B." by OutKast – A contemporary track with old school flavor and new school dance music energy, it's easy to get hyped up to "Bombs Over Baghdad." The breakdown alone allows for insane moves. It's definitely one of the best songs to breakdance to.
- "The Freaks Come Out at Night" by Whodini - A forgotten hip-hop classic, this is a straight up b-boy jam. Try to keep your feet still when it comes on.
- "The Breaks" by Kurtis Blow - Another stone classic. One of the best hip-hop songs of all time, and one of the most influential and important.
- "Clear" by Cybotron – The "robot rock" of Cybotron is unique to the early '80s. Once hip-hop moved past this sound, breaking was never the same.
- "Sweet Talk" by Spank Rock – Spank Rock's signature song is another new addition to the list of best songs to breakdance to. With a hard beat and a soulful breakdown, a number of moves can be showcased to this hot track.
- "Life is Too Short" by Too Short - A hell of a beat. A hell of a song. Definitely one of the best songs to breakdance to that came out of the '80s b-boy scene.
- "Juice" by World Class Wreckin' Cru – Another very early classic. When the kick drum hits, you'll do the splits.
- "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five – Perhaps the song that brought hip-hop into the mainstream consciousness, it also inspired a number of young kids to go b-boy. As such, it has to be considered one of the best songs to breakdance to of all time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.