Whether you’re interested in listening to the 10 best songs in French to bone up on your language skills or simply want to impress your French partner, you don’t have to sweat. We’ve got the 10 best songs in French right here for you. From classic chanson to contemporary hip-hop, you’ll never get bored listening to these.
- “Moi Je Joue” by Brigitte Bardot. Bardot’s playful delivery gets us every time. “Moi Je Joue” is simply the best song in French, period.
- “C’est Bon La Vie” by Nana Moskouri. Life is good, sings Maskouri. And with such a beautiful voice, who could argue?
- “L’Anamour” by Serge Gainsbourg. Gainsbourg was a wild celebrity, the closest thing that France has gotten to punk rock. “L’Anamour” is his finest song.
- “Ne Me Laisse Pas L’Aimer” by Brigitte Bardot. Another irresistible track by a very sexy woman. Brigitte Bardot is something like the Madonna of French music—only a hundred times more classy.
- “Bouge de là” by MC Solaar. MC Solaar is a pioneering figure in the world of hip-hop. This track gets our vote for the best song in French rap.
- “Je T'aime Moi Non Plus”by Brigitte Bardot and Serge Gainsbourg. This is the best song in French in the duets category. It doesn’t get much more romantic than this!
- “Moi…Lolita” by Alizee. It’s not her fault she’s so damn sexy. She’s just a little Lolita!
- “Homme” by the Brazilian Girls. “Homme” by the Brazilian Girls is one of the best songs for a striptease ever recorded. We still get shivers whenever we hear it played.
- "Je Sais" by Shy’m. Shy’m is our favorite French singer in the R&B category. “Je Sais” is her most memorable hit.
- "Ecoute-Moi" by Thierry Cham. This recent track by Thierry Cham rounds out our list of the best songs in French. Check it out, if you haven’t heard it already!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.