10 Best Songs To Get Pumped Up For Sports
Listening to the right song before a big game or other sporting event can get you pumped up and ready to win so here are just ten best songs to get pumped up for sports. Add these songs to your pre-game playlist for an added boost of energy and the motivation to do your best during the big moment.
- "Overnight Celebrity" by Twista. This song, created in 2004, comes highly recommended by professional athlete and Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps. This song features intense lyrics and a high energy beat and even made it to number six on the Billboard charts.
- "We Will Rock You" by Queen. This iconic pump up song doubles as a chant to get you in the mood to rock your opponents. If Queen is not your favorite, look for one of the dozens of covers for this song including ones made by U2 and Katie Perry.
- "Eye of The Tiger" by Survivor. Featured in one of the most iconic sports movies, "Rocky," "Eye of The Tiger" is the perfect song to motivate you to achieve your personal best. Add it to your pre-game playlist and imagine yourself running up the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum and being crowned the champ.
- "Don't Stop Believeing" by Journey. This rock ballad from 1981 has a long history in the world of sports and even served as the rallying cry for the Chicago White Sox in 2005 as they made their run to the playoffs. Given the song's reference to Detroit, Michigan, the song has also become popular at Detroit Tigers and Red Wings games.
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. Featured on Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn's personal pump up playlist, this modern pop song will give you a burst of energy and inspire you to put on your best poker face for the competition.
- "Champion" by Flipsyde. This 2008 rap hit is a favorite pump up song from NBA all-star Kobe Bryant. The name of the song says it all, so listen to this one and feel like a champion for your next sports moment.
- "All I Do Is Win" by DJ Khaled. Created in 2010, this song is sure to get you feeling ready and excited for the big game as DJ Khaled, T-Pain, Snoop Dogg and others repeat the mantra "All I Do Is Win."
- "Jump Around" by House of Pain. This high energy song, popular in the early 1990's, will give you a boost of energy and put you in the right frame of mind to relax before a stressful game.
- "Whoomp! There It Is" by Tag Team. This song can commonly be heard at professional basketball games after a big shot is hammered home. Add it to your personal playlist for the moment right after you make a huge play or to get you inspired to play hard.
- "Who Let The Dogs Out" by The Baha Men. This iconic song from the 1990s made it all the way to number three on the Billboard Charts and is the ideal pump-up song for team sporting events such as football or basketball.