One of the easiest ways to choose the 10 best songs for a party is to remember that it a safe bet is to choose songs that everyone knows, that are not polarizing and have a lighthearted nature. Covering a few different genres of music can help to ensure that all of your guests are pleased with the music selections. This list of the ten best songs for a party just scratches the surface but can help to guide you as you craft the soundtrack for your shindig.
- "Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company. This arena rock anthem can help steam things up and get people dancing. Some of the best songs for a party are the ones that bring your guests closer together. If they get too close though do not feel bad about telling them "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here."
- "Yeah!" by Usher featuring Lil' John and Ludacris. This one may have been played to death during its peak but it is still one of the best songs for a party due to its loose nature and danceability. If someone does complain about this selection, just act deaf and scream "WHAT?" or "OKAY!"
- "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett. Jimmy Buffett built a whole career on selling people a party so it should come as no surprise that this ubiquitous anthem is one of the best songs for a party.
- "Semi Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind. This song is just so poppy and fun-loving in nature that you can not help but include it on a list of the best songs for a party. Just don't listen too closely or you may realize it is actually a fairly dark song lyrically.
- "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. While music snobs may shrug at this one, it can cause a whole room to erupt in raucous singing and dirty dancing which solidifies its place on the list of best songs for a party.
- "Ignition" by R. Kelly. A simple pop song about the joys of the weekend arriving is a solid choice as one of the best songs for a party. If anyone is bothered by this selection be an optimist and remind them that it is better to be pissed off than pissed on. Too soon?
- "To Be With You" by Mr. Big. This track can transform the mood of any night into a very lighthearted, fun-loving celebration in a matter of seconds.
- "Gin & Juice" by Snoop Dogg. This legendary rapper crafted one of the best songs for a party in the early 1990's when he delivered this smash hit. It reached across cultural barriers and is now a mainstay on any party playlist.
- "Rock You Like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions. Some of the best songs for a party came from 1980's hair metal bands and this anthem is no exception.
- "Cupid Shuffle" by Cupid. This Lafayette, Louisiana based rapper essentially recreated the electric slide and crafted one of the best songs for a party from the 2000's.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.