10 Best Songs To Play On Acoustic Guitar
The 10 best songs to play on acoustic guitar range in difficulty but all have one thing in common, they sound great unaccompanied. Playing guitar is a fun way to pass the time, and playing songs is more enjoyable than practicing scales any day. The 10 best songs to play acoustic guitar will help you increase your skills even as you hear some of your favorite artists' work. Here they are, the 10 best songs to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin. Instantly recognizable, "Stairway" is complicated yet can be learned by anyone playing guitar. It's long and there are many parts, letting you work through a number of skills, from finger picking to heavy strumming. It is the obvious choice to top our list of the 10 best songs to play on acoustic guitar.
- "A Horse With No Name" by America. A huge hit, "Horse" is also instantly recognizable, and a fun sing along. A good drunken party song, it is a perfect choice for our list of the best songs to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Jane Says" by Jane's Addiction. This is a good one for beginners. It is only two chords, but sounds great.
- "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley. Another simple song that everyone knows, "Redemption Song" is an acoustic classic. It is definitely one of the best songs to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty. A few simple chords in a recognizable pattern make this a great singalong tune. Everyone knows it, and its a fun one to play at parties.
- "What I Got" by Sublime. Another song that everyone knows, the simple repeated pattern of "What I Got" makes it a great choice for our list of the 10 best songs to play on acoustic guitar. Anyone you play it for will be able to sing along.
- "Patience" by Guns 'n' Roses. One of GNR's best songs is also one of the best songs to play on acoustic guitar. Be sure to find someone to whistle along as you play.
- "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan - Any list of best songs to play on acoustic guitar needs a Dylan number. This one is perfect for the list.
- "Wonderwall" by Oasis. "Wonderwall" is a great song that's easy enough for beginners to play. It is the second to last entry on our list of best songs to play on acoustic guitar.
- "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day. The final song on the list of best songs to play on acoustic guitar is Green Day's hit ballad. Cue up the "Seinfeld" finale and play along.