The 10 best songs played at sporting events have been staples at games for years. All types of sports teams use these 10 songs at their sporting events to get the crowds riled up for games. These 10 songs have stayed relevant and popular over the years due to how often they are played at sporting events. The majority of these songs weren't intended to be played during sporting events, but their sound and lyrics drove them to longevity with sports fans around the country.
- "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Even though this song came out in 1977 it's still played at sporting events today. Lead singer Mercury said, "I was thinking about football when I wrote it. I wanted a participation song, something that the fans could latch on to." One of the 10 best songs played at sporting events because it's commonly played during teams victory celebrations.
- "The Star Spangled Banner". In the US, this song is played before most professional sporting events. Many famous and not-so-famous musicians have performed it before football, basketball, hockey and baseball games. The poem that formed the basis of the lyrics was penned in 1814 by Francis Scott Key.
- "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" by Nora Bayes. The chorus to this song is one of the 10 best songs played at sporting events. Played at most professional baseball games in America during the Seventh-Inning Stretch, where fans stand up and stretch out before the home team hits in the seventh inning. This is an easy sporting event song that fans young and old can easily learn.
- "Hit The Road Jack" by Ray Charles. Released in 1961, this song maintains popularity because professional and semi-professional hockey teams play the first few lines whenever a player gets sent to the penalty box. This popular sporting event song won the 1961 Grammy for Best Male Rhythm and Blues Recording.
- "Y.M.C.A." by Village People. One of the 10 best songs played at sporting events because it gets the fans involved with arm gestures at the appropriate times. This is a very popular song at baseball games where it is often played between innings. The song plays at Yankee Stadium when the grounds crew dredges the infield.
- "We Will Rock You" by Queen. Guitarist May said he wanted to create a song audiences could participate in. In the US this is a popular song played at sporting events in an effort to intimidate the opposing team. It plays well in stadiums where fans are encouraged to stomp their feet and make a lot of noise.
- "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited. "Get Ready For This" is a pump up song that is played at sporting events. This has become an anthem at sporting venues throughout the world to pump up the crowd. It is included on sport compilations including, "New York Yankees Greatest Hits Vol. 2," and "Chicago Bulls Greatest Hits Vol. 1."
- "Welcome To The Jungle" by Guns N' Roses. Released in 1987 this song is used by teams during sporting events to intimidate their opponents at home games. The Norwegian Soccer team Lillestrom SK uses this song before every home game. This now popular sporting events song was written about the dark side of Los Angeles.
- "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" by Steam. Originally released in 1969, this now popular sporting event song was re-released on the "Jock Rock Vol. 1" album. This is commonly used at sporting events when the home team is about to win or an opposing player is removed from the game. This song was also used in the football movie "Remember The Titans."
- "Eye Of The Tiger" by Survivor. Released in 1982, this now popular sporting events song was #1 on the Billboard charts. It was made popular by being the theme song for "Rocky III." This song is popular for marathon runners, weightlifters, and sports teams facing a challenge.
This is the hardest thing I have ever been asked to do. Harder than burying my childhood dog or saying, “I love yo ...
In 1997’s Deconstructing Harry, Woody Allen’s character spends a scene trying to convince his half-sister that he’s not ...
You love your sports. You love your beer. Put the two together, and you can have a rock and rolling great time at any sp ...