The 10 best songs to run a marathon to should have a driving rhythm and the right number of beats per minute for your personal running style and speed. It also helps if they give you a little inspiration during those long miles. These 10 best songs to run a marathon to can help you jump-start your own playlist.
- "Chicago" by Sufjan Stevens. This song pulses with relentless rhythm and repetition. Even when the mood of the song quiets, the cadence is still there, which is why this is one of the 10 best songs to run a marathon to.
- "Runnin’ Down a Dream" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. This song made the cut for several reasons: it has a great beat and offers some encouraging lyrics like, “I felt so good, like anything was possible.” Also, the phrase “runnin’ down a dream” is totally appropriate for a marathon runner.
- "One Way or Another" by Blondie. If you can get past the rest of the lyrics, which seem to be from a stalker’s perspective, “One Way or Another” can be a helpful reminder to a marathon runner that he'll make it to the end, somehow.
- "Don’t Stop Believing" by Journey. Not only does this song offer a great chorus, Steve Perry’s voice and the blistering guitar can help propel a runner during a marathon.
- "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler. With lyrics about rising odds and being strong and fast, this song had to be included in the 10 best songs to run a marathon to.
- "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet. This song has a persistent drum beat to keep you moving and scorching vocals to keep your energy level up.
- "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen. How could a song called “Born to Run” not be included on a list of 10 best songs to run a marathon to? Plus, it features crazy drums and an awesome saxophone solo.
- "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. The first few notes of the song should be enough to inspire you. If they’re not, how about the lyrics? “It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, risin' up to the challenge of our rival.”
- "The Distance" by Cake. “He’s going the distance, he’s going for speed.” This song has perfect lyrics, unyielding guitar and bass, and driving vocals for any marathon runner.
- "Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)" by Bill Conti. This has to be the ultimate of the 10 best songs to run a marathon to for anyone who’s seen the movie Rocky (and maybe anyone who hasn’t). When you hear it, you can’t help but picture the iconic, triumphant run up the steps. If Rocky can go the distance with Apollo Creed, you can finish a marathon.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.