It's time to present the ten best songs to run to. If you run for competition, fun, or fitness, you're probably looking for a list of good songs to run to. There's something about the rhythm of running and the rhythm of music that just fits together. So what makes a song a good song to run to? Personal preference and musical taste is ultimately the deciding factor in choosing songs that you want on your playlist, but a lot of people are drawn to similar criteria for their songs. They want something upbeat, maybe with loud drums, but most importantly they want a song that can match the intensity with which they run. With that in mind, in no particular order, we present to you the Ten Best Songs to Run to.
- "Testify" – Rage Against the Machine ("The Battle of Los Angeles") Hard-hitting and loud, Rage Against the Machine was the first bad to truly blend the two seemingly disparate genres of Rap and Metal. A highly political band, while they're getting angry at the oppressors of the world, you can get angry at all those calories you're trying to burn.
- "99 Problems" – Jay-Z ("The Black Album") Rap is a genre with a lot of great songs to run to. Even people who normally don't like Rap music often enjoy listening to it to pump up for running, sports, or competitions. Jay-Z is one of the best rappers of his generation, and "99 Problems" is Jay at his best.
- "I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor" – Arctic Monkeys ("Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not") If your tastes run more rocking than rapping, this hit by Arctic Monkeys is a great one to help you work up a sweat. Be careful though, you might be too busy dancing to run.
- "Reptilia" – The Strokes ("Room on Fire") Another one for the rockers, this band is one of the leaders of the garage rock and post-punk revivals of the last decade. The Strokes have an edginess that is missing in a lot of music nowadays. A perfect song to run to.
- "Blood In Blood Out" – Jedi Mind Tricks ("Visions of Gandhi") If you like to get mad when you run—to cut those distances down to size—look no further than Jedi Mind Tricks. With unique, Latin-influenced beats and a large group of rappers calling out everyone they see, this is an angry song for those angry runners.
- "Salty Dog" – Flogging Molly ("Swagger") Fun. Exciting. Raucous. Welcome to the world of Flogging Molly. An Irish Punk band that beautifully mixes traditional Irish instruments like the tin whistle and fiddle with rocking guitars and drums.
- "Stir It Up" – Bob Marley & the Wailers ("Catch a Fire") Maybe you're not into all that loud music? Rap and rock aren't really your style. You like more low-key music to make you forget about how tired you are. Whether you're cooling down or just warming up, "Stir It Up" is a great song to run to for those who like to chill out while working out.
- "Helter Skelter" – The Beatles ("The Beatles [White Album]") Prefer some good oldies? You may know the Beatles for their revolutionary rock and pop in decades past, but you may be surprised to hear some of the rougher, edgier music they've made.
- "Sly" – The Cat Empire ("Two Shoes") Perhaps you're running because you're late to a party? This group from Melbourne, Australia is one big party with musical elements from all varieties. Turntables and a full brass section play along with this group's music.
- "Stronger" – Kanye West ("Graduation") Could there be a better song to end a list of the ten best songs to run to than "Stronger" by Kanye West? West's rapping, coupled with his genius production of Daft Punk's equally amazing "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" is the go-to song for anyone looking to push themselves just a little bit further in their workout. The inspiration of always knowing you can work to be faster and stronger is a great way to give that last little bit for a runner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.